make hot buffalo wings

blindbatblindbat Regular
edited January 2011 in Life
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-spicy-buffalo-chicken-wings-2

Food safety note: when cutting raw chicken it is best to use a cutting board reserved just for cutting raw chicken. Wash thoroughly when finished. Do not let raw chicken juices come in contact with other food. if you dont have a spare cutting board for chicken use your regular board and cover in foil

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Thanks for the link! Do you add any personal touches when you use this method? I would add some melted butter and black pepper to the hot sauce in the final step to mellow the flavor a bit, and serve them with ranch or bleu cheese dressing.

The food safety tip is spot on as well, but if you use a nylon cutting board then a good wash and a little bleach will sterilize it enough that you can use it for other foods.

Also, deep frying in an open pot on the stove can be a little risky, make sure whatever pot you use is only 2/3 full, and if the oil starts to smoke it is getting too hot.

C/O
    "now I want a beer"
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited January 2011
    Those look great. Some raw fries and ranch would go perfect with that bowl.

This is pretty much the same way I cook chicken wings besides the marinade.. It looks pretty good I think I'll try making it next time I cook chicken wings.