Forging emails.

KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
edited January 2011 in Tech & Games
I need to make an email look like it came from some high profile company in order to get some schematics. Boeing, moog, ge, etc.

How do I do this?

Comments

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah that fails because :

This email was sent via Anonymous email service for free.
    YOU CAN REMOVE THIS TEXT MESSAGE BY BEING A PAID MEMBER FOR $9/year.
    Message ID= 13762

But now I realize that I'm going to need to receive a reply too... fuck.
  • edited January 2011
    Remember that PHP script I posted which is capable of sending mass amounts of email? Well it's also capable of spoofing an email address.

Run that script on someone else's WiFi, spoofed MAC address and on a proxy chain, and you've got yourself an anonymous email from the email address of your choice. Enjoy.
  • edited January 2011
    You could forge the from address, and just put it as a "[email protected]", then state in the email that if they need to reply, they should send it to <insert other email address of your choice here>.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited January 2011
    I got some fire detection system, and some avionics schematics lying around. There's like 1.5 x 1.5 meters each.

Nvm.
    edited January 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    You could forge the from address, and just put it as a "[email protected]", then state in the email that if they need to reply, they should send it to <insert other email address of your choice here>.

That's pure genius.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    That's assuming they're stoopid enough to fall for that trick. I would not use a second email address, they'll most likely be suspicious as to why they couldn't respond to the original email.
    edited January 2011
    Dude, people are fucking idiots in case you haven't noticed.