need help with xbox 360 disk drive

burntofferingburntoffering Acolyte
edited January 2011 in Life
can anyonwe post a pic showing exactly where the potentiometer is on the ts-h943?

Comments

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Looking for some pot?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoQARRYIuMfUZwMNMRV8UunmetZhOp_4ScP1HwIPrAy0PK_pSzimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCN7zTMHIyQGdi3mxvXORYrlqxGJO2mMAL7PqooWG9cqm90W0bJA

Petty much the only adjustable part on the PCB.

http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/tutorial/XBOX_360_POT_CALIBRATION_V1.0_by_Moda.pdf
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Easiest way is to remove the cover and take a look inside and try finding the pot, or pots depending on how many there are. its not that hard to find them, anyway what are you trying to do to the drive that requires the pot to be adjusted?
  • burntofferingburntoffering Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Easiest way is to remove the cover and take a look inside and try finding the pot, or pots depending on how many there are. its not that hard to find them, anyway what are you trying to do to the drive that requires the pot to be adjusted?
    I found them, they are on the backside of the lazer... my disk drive is real fuckin old, and having trouble reading disks, so I needed to lower the ohm restriction sol that ti would play xbox games again....anyways, did it, it worked....
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited January 2011
    I found them, they are on the backside of the lazer... my disk drive is real fuckin old, and having trouble reading disks, so I needed to lower the ohm restriction sol that ti would play xbox games again....anyways, did it, it worked....

Never heard of that fix before, but if it worked then good for you. come to think of it most of the cd drives i have dismantled have pots on the laser module.