&T Alexa Rating

I wonder how long it will take to get us some nice statistics on our page here...

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/totse.info#

Would be cool to be able to see who's linking to us and stuff.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    We need a working MAIN PAGE.

*Looks for hellish*

With tons of links and ads for different websites and if you're using a blog or have a website, LINK BACK TO TOTSE!
  • edited August 2010
    Haha, damn straight. Where's Hellish at?

Regardless, I just wrote a review of the site and submitted it to Alexa :D

EDIT: Also, can't he give you remote access to the site or something so that you can take over when Hellish isn't around?
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    We need a working MAIN PAGE.

*Looks for hellish*

With tons of links and ads for different websites and if you're using a blog or have a website, LINK BACK TO TOTSE!

I'll link back to totse when they link back to me.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    I'll link back to totse when they link back to me.

Hell no.

Just kidding, when the main page is in place, I will add a roll over section which will mention Totse supporters. And there you can get your link placed. But right now, LINK TO TOTSE ANYWAY.

It's only doing good and you will get its reward in future.
  • edited August 2010
    Hell no.

Just kidding, when the main page is in place, I will add a roll over section which will mention Totse supporters. And there you can get your link placed. But right now, LINK TO TOTSE ANYWAY.

I like the idea of that feature, it sounds pretty great :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    I like the idea of that feature, it sounds pretty great :D
    :)
    Thanks.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    Hell no.

Hmmm..... Whatever happened to the totse banner ads?
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Hmmm..... Whatever happened to the totse banner ads?

These?

totsead1.gif
    totsead2.gif
    totsead3.gif
    totsead4.gif
    totsead5.gif
    totsead6.gif
    totsead7.gif
  • edited August 2010
    ^ Look I found them there they are
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Those are pretty nice banners. I'd click them if I saw them :thumbsup:
    edited August 2010
    We need bornkiller or someone to edit them, though. They all say totse.com
  • edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    We need bornkiller or someone to edit them, though. They all say totse.com

I love how Bornkiller has become the "editing guy" :D

The black ones would be easy to edit, just worried about the colored ones really, they might be difficult to do well.
    edited August 2010
    I love how Bornkiller has become the "editing guy" :D

The black ones would be easy to edit, just worried about the colored ones really, they might be difficult to do well.

That's cause he's good at it!
    edited August 2010
    totsead4.gif

I don't remember this one but i have all of the others saved:thumbsup: It would be pretty cool if we could get them saying Totse.info though:)

I posted them ages ago in the totse banner thread. Nothing ever came of it, so maybe this time someone will shoop them.
  • edited September 2010
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/totse.info#

Alright, so now we seem to be getting some interesting statistics up on there. Use these to our advantage! Create articles on things which are top of the searched list, etc. :D

Keep it up!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    +450% OMFG.

Trx kindly make a thread in SG about which titles to target. I could make it but I want you to get comfortable with your position as an Editor more :).

Title: Target These Keywords.

Body:
    Link to Alexa: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/totse.info#

By making articles or threads which the visitors queries about on Totse, will get more visitors and a higher rank on Alexa.

Like making crystal meth. Some guides on Crystal meth will help us get more traffic.

etc :)
  • edited September 2010
    Consider it done bro. Check out the thread, I hope it's alright :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I get a 503 Service Unavailable error when trying to open that thread. OMG what did you do lol,
  • edited September 2010
    I get a 503 Service Unavailable error when trying to open that thread. OMG what did you do lol,

Lmao. Probably just a VBulletin error, things like that happen sometimes. Refresh and try again, or try clearing cookies etc. It works, trust me! :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Checked the link in IE it works. Cleared cache and cookies. Should work now. I hate doing that btw.
  • edited September 2010
    Checked the link in IE it works. Cleared cache and cookies. Should work now. I hate doing that btw.

Haha, well it's often a good solution to website issues. It's kinda like a computer reboot for a website.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    Logged in via Alexa account. Now I have ownership of totse.info on Alexa, which basically means I can edit the site description :D

The official successor to the original TOTSE. The website is near enough an exact replica of the original, with a large section of informative text files, a BBS with many of the original &T members, and an IRC channel. The website, BBS and even the IRC are always improving, with members and staff working in collaboration to restore the originalities of &T, bringing a once epic community back to life.

^Added that as site description.
  • edited December 2010
    Awesome! :D Our rating seems to be improving greatly now too, and we're right at the top of the Google rankings for "totse" :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    ^That's all thanks to your hard work [referring to everyone who helped]
  • edited December 2010
    I've also been trying to get us a load of linkbacks where ever possible.

What other cool stuff can you do with the Alexa account?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    I've also been trying to get us a load of linkbacks where ever possible.

What other cool stuff can you do with the Alexa account?

Nothing much, I can I just edit details and speak on behalf of Totse. It's nothing new. I already did that with other major services. In order to ensure we don't get sidelined :).
    edited December 2010
    totse%20google.png

Two things: We're still not at the top, but we're gettin there!!

Also, I wanted to point out a grammatical error. It's a problem of using a non-restrictive clause when we need a restrictive clause.
    http://www.kentlaw.edu/academics/lrw/grinker/LwtaClauses__Restrictive_and_Nonrest.htm

So, please change "which" to "that". Thanks :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    totse%20google.png

Two things: We're still not at the top, but we're gettin there!!

Also, I wanted to point out a grammatical error. It's a problem of using a non-restrictive clause when we need a restrictive clause.
    http://www.kentlaw.edu/academics/lrw/grinker/LwtaClauses__Restrictive_and_Nonrest.htm

So, please change "which" to "that". Thanks :)

Fuck my bad :). I just typed that line way back.
    edited December 2010
    No problem. That's a very common error for native speakers too. Most people don't give a shit and wouldn't even notice it, but grammar nerds like me :facepalm: at it :o
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2010
    No problem. That's a very common error for native speakers too. Most people don't give a shit and wouldn't even notice it, but grammar nerds like me :facepalm: at it :o

It's good to have grammer nerds like you here :). Kinda makes my job easier.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm still wondering why zoklet.net gives you an Alexa page for Jeff.info makes me suspicious. Jeff Hunter just can't fucking die, niggas everywhere.
  • edited December 2010
    Strange, on my computer I get Totse second in the list... Oh well.
  • edited December 2010
    so according to Alexa, people come here for the meth lol
  • edited December 2010
    so according to Alexa, people come here for the meth lol

I'm really not sure how accurate or up to date those results are, but yeah, apparently :P

I look forward to getting below 100,000 so we can get a nice trend graph going :D
  • edited January 2011
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/totse.info#trafficstats

So, for a little update - it would seem that we've started getting Alexa to pick up on our links back to Totse which is good. We're also still steadily climbing the rankings, although it's going to start getting harder very soon (obviously the higher we get, the harder it will get to actually climb). We're going in the right direction though, and we seem to be at the top of Google search results for "Totse".

Keep it up, we're doing well. Becoming the totse which we once were is a long way in the distance, but I can actually see it happening.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    21 <-- Site linking in.

This is awesome.

Gets more motivated!
  • edited January 2011
    21 <-- Site linking in.

This is awesome.

Gets more motivated!

To be honest, it should be way higher. I'm not sure how Alexa linkbacks work, but I know for sure that we have more than 21 links back to us.
  • skunkskunk Regular
    edited January 2011
    Alexa takes a while to update. Totse may have 50 linkbacks, but it'll take some time for alexa to realize that.

She's kind of a dumb lazy bitch...
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited January 2011
    Lol we get a lot of traffic from people googling how to make meth :cool:
  • edited January 2011
    Slice wrote: »
    Lol we get a lot of traffic from people googling how to make meth :cool:

Yeah, although that's probably outdated now. It's also a shame that the guide on how to make meth has been deleted :mad:
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited January 2011
    It's also a shame that the guide on how to make meth has been deleted :mad:

I recall putting at least 1 in my BLTC archive.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited January 2011
    Alexa takes a while to update. Totse may have 50 linkbacks, but it'll take some time for alexa to realize that.

She's kind of a dumb lazy bitch...

This. I still go there to check up on page rankings to get a rough estimate, but that's about all it's good for. It updates maybe once a month if your website is in the top 40,000. One month you'll see a site go from 100,000+ ranking down to 20,000 two months later.
  • edited June 2011
    Well, you might be interested in a quick update :) We're definitely going upwards, it's obvious. Even if Alexa may not update often, it's still showing our improvements.

w2.png