Coffee and Cigarettes

StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
edited March 2011 in Life
There is just something about coffee and cigarettes that makes them go so well together. I don't know what it is but I love it. I don't usually drink coffee but this morning I decided to because I'm not going to be sleeping today. I'm awake and aware because of the coffee and focused because of the cigarettes. I'm sure my breath is terrible. :o

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I'm yet to try such a combination. I'm not a smoker and I rarely drink coffee, but they do sound like quite a nice combination. The only times I really smoke are when I'm sitting there drinking with people and even that is a rarity.

And yes, you breath must be putrid.
  • Dark LordDark Lord Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    I was told they work on the same brain area that evokes pleasure. Could be, could be. But indeed, that combination is awesome. Also an enjoyable movie.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited February 2011
    The only time I really drink coffee is if I'm smoking. When I first started, I was smoking menthols and would get a cup of this toffee latte thing my local gas station had. The flavors worked beautifully together.

Accordingly, with my switch to full flavor smokes, any cup of sludge will do the trick.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited February 2011
    Anyone noticed how cigarettes accompany a lot of vices? After a meal, there's nothing like enjoying a cigarette. After sex, same thing. When drinking, smoke.. when waiting, when trying to focus, when pondering... always a fucking cigarette.

I can't say much for coffee though; I can't really drink it that much because it makes my hands shaky and nerves jumpy.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited February 2011
    There are days all I will consume all day is coffee and cigs. Its pretty terrible.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited February 2011
    There are days all I will consume all day is coffee and cigs. Its pretty terrible.

Eggs with grits and some bacon or fried bologna followed by coffee and a smoke is my preferred breakfast. :)

I love me some black lung. This thread gave me a strong craving for some coffee and a smoke.
  • 4206942069 Regular
    edited February 2011
    fuck yes coffee and cigarettes,
    but also dried fruit, apricot is best, and cigarettes,
    and champagne and cigarettes;
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    A cup of coffee and a smoke is the only way to wake up. But coffee and apricots, what are you French?
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited February 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    Anyone noticed how cigarettes accompany a lot of vices? After a meal, there's nothing like enjoying a cigarette. After sex, same thing. When drinking, smoke.. when waiting, when trying to focus, when pondering... always a fucking cigarette.

QUOTE]

So true, I think that's why I'll never quit. Especially after smoking a joint a cigarette seems like it gets you higher.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited March 2011
    ^ agreed about the joint. Like Vizier said these things make it very hard to quit and I don't see myself doing so until the time that I have a kid.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited March 2011
    my problem with quitting is, wtf would I do with all that spare time? What do non-smokers do on their breaks and shit if not smoking? I don't get it. I'd be bored as fuck all the time.