Global Warming

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited March 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I know there are many of you here who still buy into the whole global warming BS that the politicians and paid scientists have hoaxed the entire world with. So perhaps one of you "climate experts" can riddle me this.

Last year, in my area, there were a total of 27 days where the temperature was below freezing. This year, with winter not yet over, there have been 55 days where the temperature has been below freezing. That is twice as many days below freezing with more yet to come.

So how come all this global warming is not keeping my frozen ass thawed?

Discuss

Comments

• dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited February 2011
    It is not global warming anymore, it is climate change. When people totaly fail to see countries swallowed by the sea and the deserts colonizing the globe, but instead witness el nino, which is as much a natural phenomenom as the trade winds, the monsoon and snow on Kilimanjaro.

This bullshit is also being misold in Northern Europe where we are told the Atlantic current is shutting down and this is part of not jut global warming but climate change. This tune was sung particularly loudly when the university of east anglias (I think) email servers were hacked and 'climate change scientists' were having converstations on how to bullshit people and get more money for grants.

If their has been one huge waste of money in the last 10 years it is climate change. All we can be told by those 'in the know' is that the weather will be 'changeable'. They have been paid grant after grant for churning out this shit.

Think of the legislation and the cost of this legislation has been. The bullshit of these people. Could you, as an individual spent that money wiser? Just think, if it was a good idea to get solar panels, or maybe if they were cheaper you would. Imagine if the governments who have used global warming as a bullshit mechanism of generating income, how about if that money you payed in tax, instead of going to the government to go to scientists to tell the governemnt to tell you what to do - instead of that you got to spend it on solar panels or a windmill or something.

If that was the case, we would have actually got somewhere - but instead, your money is raped at source, in your bank account and and what you spend. Most of this tax money gets spent on pointless shit.

Global warming = pointless shit.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    I know there are many of you here who still buy into the whole global warming BS that the politicians and paid scientists have hoaxed the entire world with. So perhaps one of you "climate experts" can riddle me this.

Last year, in my area, there were a total of 27 days where the temperature was below freezing. This year, with winter not yet over, there have been 55 days where the temperature has been below freezing. That is twice as many days below freezing with more yet to come.

Discuss

While not an expert, I'm just going to go ahead and assume global warming/climate change is neither instantaneous or ubiquitous. Nature is random and change happens gradually...I think it a bit naive to dismiss all the crap pumped into our atmosphere over the last hundred years or so as simply having no effect whatsoever.

I wouldn't rule it out anyway...I wouldn't panic either. Solar panels are good. Fossil fuel's days are numbered. Change is needed either way.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    Or is fossil fuel even fossil fuel?

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38645

Excerpt
    A Hedberg Conference, sponsored by the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, was scheduled to discuss and publicly debate this issue. Papers were solicited from interested academics and professionals. The conference was scheduled to begin June 9, 2003, but was canceled at the last minute. A new date has yet to be set
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    I made a thread on this subject a while ago that had a lot of sources to back up how global warming is bullshit. I'll find it in a bit and post it but the whole thing is a ridiculous scheme and last winter we had a blizzard from hell and I remember thinking about how people claim global warming is true:facepalm: Here is an interesting article about the whole thing

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100017393/climategate-the-final-nail-in-the-coffin-of-anthropogenic-global-warming/
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    TDR I will not respect you until you answer my bob lazar argument. :mad:
    edited February 2011

I don't buy into what Bob Lazar says either but what does he have to do with global warming?:confused:
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    but the whole thing is a ridiculous scheme and last winter we had a blizzard from hell and I remember thinking about how people claim global warming is true:facepalm:

:facepalm:

So because you had a bad blizzard global warming is obviously false? The stupidity of that statement is overwhelming.
    Or is fossil fuel even fossil fuel?

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38645

Excerpt

Interesting. Would like to see more recent research done though.
    Gold proposed that the Earth may possess a virtually endless supply – suggesting as much as "at least 500 million years' worth of gas" – of fossil fuels.

And we still running out of oil either way :fap:
    edited February 2011

I am certain I can live quite comfortably without your respect. Do you have anything on topic to add?
  • edited February 2011
    FON wrote: »
    While not an expert, I'm just going to go ahead and assume global warming/climate change is neither instantaneous or ubiquitous. Nature is random and change happens gradually...I think it a bit naive to dismiss all the crap pumped into our atmosphere over the last hundred years or so as simply having no effect whatsoever.

I wouldn't rule it out anyway...I wouldn't panic either. Solar panels are good. Fossil fuel's days are numbered. Change is needed either way.

The only reason people even consider that option (The bolded text) is that there's much more money on it's side. They do a lot of PR and buy many scientists. Only with billions and billions of dollars can you create controversy and disagreement where there really isn't any. It's the same way that tobacco companies were able to convince people for decades that their products were harmless when there was ample evidence that they weren't.

Discuss

It's cold outside, so climate change isn't happening.

trisomy21b.jpg

EDIT: Also, I'm glad to see this denial thread in the politics section, because that's what this is. Politics, not science.
    edited February 2011
    The only reason people even consider that option (The bolded text) is that there's much more money on it's side. They do a lot of PR and buy many scientists. Only with billions and billions of dollars can you create controversy and disagreement where there really isn't any. It's the same way that tobacco companies were able to convince people for decades that their products were harmless when there was ample evidence that they weren't.

It's cold outside, so climate change isn't happening.

EDIT: Also, I'm glad to see this denial thread in the politics section, because that's what this is. Politics, not science.

I did not say climate change I said global warming. After all they only changed it to climate change when they realized nobody was buying there cooked data on global warming.

But you are right about one thing, this was never real science it has always been about the politics of money, power, and control of the masses.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    So can you guys disprove the greenhouse effect or that the ice caps are melting at an accelerated rate?
  • edited February 2011
    I did not say climate change I said global warming. After all they only changed it to climate change when they realized nobody was buying there cooked data on global warming.

But you are right about one thing, this was never real science it has always been about the politics of money, power, and control of the masses.

http://royalsociety.org/Facts-and-fictions-about-climate-change/

the_more_you_know2.jpg
    edited February 2011

LOL

Keep buying the grass they provide for your grazing pleasure.
  • edited February 2011
    LOL

Keep buying the grass they provide for your grazing pleasure.

Why don't you read it and stop being ignorant? One of the 12 bullshit points of view that it deals with is the very one you mentioned in this thread.
    So can you guys disprove the greenhouse effect or that the ice caps are melting at an accelerated rate?

Nah lol
    edited February 2011
    Why don't you read it and stop being ignorant? One of the 12 bullshit points of view that it deals with is the very one you mentioned in this thread.

Nah lol

I have read it before

BAAHHHHH! Baaaaaaaah Baaaaaah!!
  • edited February 2011
    I have read it before

BAAHHHHH! Baaaaaaaah Baaaaaah!!

I appreciate the irony here.
    edited February 2011
    I appreciate the irony here.

There is no irony my friend. Just one person who buys the supplied grass for sheeple and another who thinks for himself.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    Nah lol

Thread...Credibility...Diminishing...
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    There is no irony my friend. Just one person who buys the supplied grass for sheeple and another who thinks for himself.

What have you got to lose by remaining open to the idea of climate change? How do you know for sure it isn't happening? Are you a scientist?
    edited February 2011
    What have you got to lose by remaining open to the idea of climate change? How do you know for sure it isn't happening? Are you a scientist?

Are you? No. In fact there is not one true scientist on this board. But unlike the majority of the members here I was raising children and not a child when the whole farce was first hoisted in the world. I also recall with great clarity about 40 years or more worth of winters, springs, summers, and autumns. If anything it has gotten colder over all in North America at least.

So when they started talking about "global warming" I sat up and :facepalm:.

Then when it came out that they "cooked" the data all of a sudden they stopped calling it global warming and started calling it climate change.

When you really start looking at all the money that is being made of off this hoax and who is making it then you will begin to see the truth.

So until you become a leading climatologists and do your own extensive study you can either read the "cooked" data and parrot what the puppet masters allow the scientific community to publish and the media to push. Or you can think for yourself and ask why would they want the world to believe that there is man made climate change. When you (and I mean you in the collective sense) figure out the answer to that question the truth become apparent.

See here is the thing about me. For almost 30 years I have been slightly ahead of the curve on figuring out the difference between what they tell us and what is really going on. Now I am not 100% on this, hell I may not even 50% but I don't open my mouth until I am certain that what I am about to tell others about their lies is pretty damn accurate.

For example when Reagan was calling the Soviet Union the evil empire and putting them forth as some huge threat around 1982. That same year I read a book about Lieutenant Viktor Ivanovich Belenko which was written by a ghost writer. He was the Soviet Mig 25 pilot who defected, with his MIG, to Japan (an eventually the U.S.) in 1976. When I read about the conditions the he described in the Soviet military I told any one who would listen that Regan was full of shit and the in 10 years time the Soviet Union would collapse from the unbearable economic strain of the arms race.

I was only 20 years old at the time and I was treated as if I was just some crazy foil hat wearing idiot. Nine years later, in 1991, the Soviet Union dissolved just as I had told everyone it would in 1982. Of course when I revisted with all those who had scoffed at the long haired dope smoking kid they all brushed it off as if it was no big deal and everyone saw it coming all along. So i have learned over the years to simply share my information without concern as to whether or not I am believed. I put it out there and if others want to use it to there advantage fine if not then I have lost nothing.

Since then there have been numerous other instances where the masses have bought the bullshit and I have figured out their motives and by doing so have gleaned some interesting kernels of truth. Without fail I am scoffed at and ridicules by the sheep. I have learned to love this as the louder the sheep scoff the more right time proves my hunches and educated guesses to be.

So please, ridicule and scoff all you want for I have learned to wear those verbal assaults as a mantle of inner strength and conviction in my own consul.

P.S. I know this post comes off as arrogant but I just tell it like I see it. I really don't mean to insult anyone or their intelligence. It is just that when I know I am right I will not be swayed by anything or anyone. There was a time when I doubted what I knew as it flew in the face of all conventional thinking. But by not following my own inner convictions and giving into the pressure to think "right" I met with many hardships. It was not until I learned to keep my own consul and hold to my inner convictions in the face of all ridicule that life got easy for me. So please excuse the apparent arrogance and know that in truth it is only the rock solid courage to keep to my own course.
  • edited February 2011
    Are you? No. In fact there is not one true scientist on this board. But unlike the majority of the members here I was raising children and not a child when the whole farce was first hoisted in the world. I also recall with great clarity about 40 years or more worth of winters, springs, summers, and autumns. If anything it has gotten colder over all in North America at least.

So when they started talking about "global warming" I sat up and :facepalm:.

Then when it came out that they "cooked" the data all of a sudden they stopped calling it global warming and started calling it climate change.

When you really start looking at all the money that is being made of off this hoax and who is making it then you will begin to see the truth.

So until you become a leading climatologists and do your own extensive study you can either read the "cooked" data and parrot what the puppet masters allow the scientific community to publish and the media to push. Or you can think for yourself and ask why would they want the world to believe that there is man made climate change. When you (and I mean you in the collective sense) figure out the answer to that question the truth become apparent.

See here is the thing about me. For almost 30 years I have been slightly ahead of the curve on figuring out the difference between what they tell us and what is really going on. Now I am not 100% on this, hell I may not even 50% but I don't open my mouth until I am certain that what I am about to tell others about their lies is pretty damn accurate.

For example when Reagan was calling the Soviet Union the evil empire and putting them forth as some huge threat around 1982. That same year I read a book about Lieutenant Viktor Ivanovich Belenko which was written by a ghost writer. He was the Soviet Mig 25 pilot who defected, with his MIG, to Japan (an eventually the U.S.) in 1976. When I read about the conditions the he described in the Soviet military I told any one who would listen that Regan was full of shit and the in 10 years time the Soviet Union would collapse from the unbearable economic strain of the arms race.

I was only 20 years old at the time and I was treated as if I was just some crazy foil hat wearing idiot. Nine years later, in 1991, the Soviet Union dissolved just as I had told everyone it would in 1982. Of course when I revisted with all those who had scoffed at the long haired dope smoking kid they all brushed it off as if it was no big deal and everyone saw it coming all along. So i have learned over the years to simply share my information without concern as to whether or not I am believed. I put it out there and if others want to use it to there advantage fine if not then I have lost nothing.

Since then there have been numerous other instances where the masses have bought the bullshit and I have figured out their motives and by doing so have gleaned some interesting kernels of truth. Without fail I am scoffed at and ridicules by the sheep. I have learned to love this as the louder the sheep scoff the more right time proves my hunches and educated guesses to be.

So please, ridicule and scoff all you want for I have learned to wear those verbal assaults as a mantle of inner strength and conviction in my own consul.

P.S. I know this post comes off as arrogant but I just tell it like I see it. I really don't mean to insult anyone or their intelligence. It is just that when I know I am right I will not be swayed by anything or anyone. There was a time when I doubted what I knew as it flew in the face of all conventional thinking. But by not following my own inner convictions and giving into the pressure to think "right" I met with many hardships. It was not until I learned to keep my own consul and hold to my inner convictions in the face of all ridicule that life got easy for me. So please excuse the apparent arrogance and know that in truth it is only the rock solid courage to keep to my own course.

TL;DR

Maybe post something to back up your point of view? Anything?
    edited February 2011
    TL;DR

Maybe post something to back up your point of view? Anything?

I already did I am sorry if it does not meet your standards. Wait, no I'm not, like I already stated, it is enough for me that I know. Unless you mean to post a link to something someone else or some puppet organization has posted elsewhere on the internet as you did. In that case thank you for the invitation. Just keep your eyes open for the next 20 years and remember that the mainstream "media" and most sanctioned (government funded/subsidized) research organization will present their findings in the light they need to in order to keep the money coming in.

But you are young (no using that as part of any argument just stating a fact) and quite sure of everything. Where as I am old and have learned to doubt what I think I know until I know I know it.

So believe as you will on this issue but I know man is not causing climate change. One hint I will leave you with is the following;

Solar Weather

Enjoy your beliefs. :thumbsup:
    edited February 2011
    The embattled ex-head of the research center at the heart of the Climate-gate scandal dropped a bombshell over the weekend, admitting in an interview with the BBC that there has been no global warming over the past 15 years.
    Phil Jones, former head of the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia, made a number of eye-popping statements to the BBC's climate reporter on Sunday. Data from CRU, where Jones was the chief scientist, is key evidence behind the claim that the growth of cities (which are warmer than countryside) isn't a factor in global warming and was cited by the U.N.'s climate science body to bolster statements about rapid global warming in recent decades.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/02/15/global-warming-insignificant-years-admits-uks-climate-scientist/
    Because forecasts of a colder winter didn’t go very well with the government global warming story line, they were suppressed. Instead, the UK published information to the public which indicated there would be a warmer winter. When the actual weather was colder (December turned out to be the coldest in more than a century and the second coldest in 350 years), it caused untold problems because people and facilities, like Heathrow Airport, were unprepared. Not amused, those affected are taking action. For example, Luftansa and Virgin Atlantic are pressing Heathrow to compensate airlines hit by the chaos at the airport the week before Christmas.
    A blog by one UK meteorologist, Paul Hudson, reveals that there may have been two sets of forecast maps – one available to internal meteorologists-showing a cold winter, and another made available to the public-showing a warm winter.
    Roger Harrabin, of Canada Free Press, has written that the Met Office (UK’s National Weather Service) press office told him they’d given information to the UK government’s Cabinet Office that there would be an early cold winter. The BBC now has an Freedom of Information request to the Cabinet Office requesting verbatim info from the Met Office.
    John O’Sullivan, also of Canada Free Press, provided more information on the meltdown:
    “Last week the weather service caused a sensation by making the startling claim that it was gagged by government ministers from issuing a cold winter forecast. Instead, a milder than average prediction was made that has been resoundingly ridiculed in one of the worst winters in a century. In an almighty battle to salvage credibility, three British government institutions are embroiled in a new global warming scandal with the BBC mounting a legal challenge to force ministers to admit the truth. Sceptics ask: Is the UK government’s climate propaganda machine finally falling apart?

With the BBC appearing to take the side of the Met Office by seeking to force the government to give honest answers, untold harm will likely befall Prime Minister Cameron’s global warming policies on energy, taxation and the environment.”

http://oregoncatalyst.com/6440-globa...in-the-uk.html

Why did they lie about the weather forecasts if global warming is such a truth?

I also suggest you read up on "climategate". Here is the wiki page on it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy
  • edited February 2011
    So believe as you will on this issue but I know man is not causing climate change. One hint I will leave you with is the following;

Solar Weather

Enjoy your beliefs. :thumbsup:

Part 4 of the PDF deals with Solar Weather. :facepalm:

If you read it, you'll learn something. If not, you'll just keep posting nonsense and look silly.
    I also suggest you read up on "climategate". Here is the wiki page on it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Wikipedia wrote:
    The Science and Technology Select Committee inquiry reported on 31 March 2010 that it had found that "the scientific reputation of Professor Jones and CRU remains intact". The emails and claims raised in the controversy did not challenge the scientific consensus that "global warming is happening and that it is induced by human activity". The MPs had seen no evidence to support claims that Jones had tampered with data or interfered with the peer-review process.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The report of the independent Science Assessment Panel was published on 14 April 2010 and concluded that the panel had seen "no evidence of any deliberate scientific malpractice in any of the work of the Climatic Research Unit." It found that the CRU's work had been "carried out with integrity" and had used "fair and satisfactory" methods. The CRU was found to be "objective and dispassionate in their view of the data and their results, and there was no hint of tailoring results to a particular agenda." Instead, "their sole aim was to establish as robust a record of temperatures in recent centuries as possible."
    Wikipedia wrote:
    In July 2010, the British investigation comissioned by the UEA, chaired by Sir Muir Russell, and announced in December 2009, published its final report saying it had exonerated the scientists of manipulating their research to support preconceived ideas about global warming. The "rigour and honesty" of the scientists at the Climatic Research Unit were found not to be in doubt. The panel found that they did not subvert the peer review process to censor criticism as alleged, and that the key data needed to reproduce their findings was freely available to any "competent" researcher.

Again. Read the article before you cite it. The scientists involved in "Climategate" have been exonerated. No wrongdoing, misrepresentation or "Cooking" of data was found to have taken place.
    edited February 2011
    LOL at citing wiki...

Like I said keep believing whatever you wish. But someday you will realize the ride you are being taken for.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    Are you? No. In fact there is not one true scientist on this board. But unlike the majority of the members here I was raising children and not a child when the whole farce was first hoisted in the world. .

So you aren't a scientist? Then why are you telling us this as fact? A bit pretentious and silly, no? And unless you've done some form of climatology course in the past, your age and resulting 'wisdom' means absolute squat.

I'm not a scientist. I said that in my first post in this thread. This is also the reason I don't commit fully to either view. Instead, I listen to the thousands of experts on the topic, while remaining open to the notion that it may not happen. Pretending you know this for fact when you clearly don't is a pointless exercise in conceit.

Also, reading that wall of text, there is nothing there to give you credibility on the topic. It's just a big wall of wank where you don't actually say anything useful, or credible. Just talk about how you've 'known' about some completely unrelated events in the past.

Are you a leading climatologist? Please show me your extensive studies!!! That's what we want! Or are you just so self-conceited you think you know better than climatologists? Dismissing thousands of scientists opinions on this simply because you THINK this is a government conspiracy is naive and ignorant....And really there is no point arguing with somebody who completely denies facts without consideration when put in front of them.
    edited February 2011
    FON, I really have nothing against you but on the other hand I really don't care if you believe what I know.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    FON, I really have nothing against you but on the other hand I really don't care if you believe what I know.

In other words you have absolutely nothing to back your claims.
    edited February 2011
    In other words you have absolutely nothing to back your claims.

I don't need to prove what I know. It is enough that I know it. I am not trying to change your mind. I am only sharing what I know. If that is not good enough for you I can live with that.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't need to prove what I know. It is enough that I know it. I am not trying to change your mind. I am only sharing what I know. If that is not good enough for you I can live with that.

Actually, you do need to prove what you know if you want to be taken seriously, or at least you need some depth to your argument other than 'I know, you don't, that is all'. That is a seriously weak argument.
    edited February 2011
    Actually, you do need to prove what you know if you want to be taken seriously, or at least you need some depth to your argument other than 'I know, you don't, that is all'. That is a seriously weak argument.

FON, I don't need to prove anything. You may need this from me, but trust me, I really do not posses that need. Also I am not arguing, that would imply that I am trying to change your mind. As I have already stated that is not my goal. My only goal ITT is to generate discussion by sharing what I know to be true.

If you disagree that is fine. I will not try to convince you otherwise. So please feel free to doubt me but you will not draw me into an argument just to satisfy some need on your part.

Peace.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    FON, I don't need to prove anything. You may need this from me, but trust me, I really do not posses that need. Also I am not arguing, that would imply that I am trying to change your mind. As I have already stated that is not my goal. My only goal ITT is to generate discussion by sharing what I know to be true.

If you disagree that is fine. I will not try to convince you otherwise. So please feel free to doubt me but you will not draw me into an argument just to satisfy some need on your part.

Peace.

So you can't prove anything? Do you understand how pointless it is to tell people crap when you have absolutely nothing to back your claims?
    edited February 2011
    So you made a thread, but don't have anything to add other than your own, unprovable opinion?

Do you understand how fucking pointless that is?

No, I am sorry I don't. As I already stated the point was to generate discussion. This is not the science forum it is the politics forum. In my opinion and in the opinion of at least one other user ITT global warming is more politics than it is science.

So please either get back to sharing your opinions on global warming, make a thread in the appropriate forum to discuss what you would like, or find another thread to post in. This one has gone far enough off topic.

Thanks.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    No, I am sorry I don't.

:facepalm:

I'm done here.
    edited February 2011
    Suit yourself, I am sorry you were looking for an argument and that I disappointed you.
  • jaconjacon Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    Haven't read the whole thing but, darkrodent, stop being stupid, you must (yes, MUST) provide evidence to the things you say. Right now you are just acting like every single religious asshole I ever talked to, Oh, God exists because I know it. People sould stop with this kind of bullshit.

Also, dont remember who posted it but citing wikis and fox news is never a good thing.

Now, on my opinion, I do believe it may be happening, but I don't buy into all the huge problem they make of it. As I stated on a older post about the same subject (DirtySanchez's I believe), its all earth cycles, the problem is, we might be accelerating it, or not, there is no absolute proof at the moment.

also, to back up my argument:
    http://articles.cnn.com/2007-07-11/tech/globalwarming.overview_1_average-surface-temperature-warming-united-nations-intergovernmental-panel?_s=PM:TECH

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2009/06/is-global-warming-part-of-earths-natural-cycle-mit-team-says-yes.html
    edited February 2011
    Again, I am not trying to argue or convince. Just generating conversation and sharing what I know. Look into who is making all the money from the "green energy" movement that is designed to fight global warming/climate change. Then it will all become crystal clear.
    edited February 2011
    jacon wrote: »
    Haven't read the whole thing but, darkrodent, stop being stupid, you must (yes, MUST) provide evidence to the things you say. Right now you are just acting like every single religious asshole I ever talked to, Oh, God exists because I know it. People sould stop with this kind of bullshit.

Also, dont remember who posted it but citing wikis and fox news is never a good thing.

Now, on my opinion, I do believe it may be happening, but I don't buy into all the huge problem they make of it. As I stated on a older post about the same subject (DirtySanchez's I believe), its all earth cycles, the problem is, we might be accelerating it, or not, there is no absolute proof at the moment.

also, to back up my argument:
    http://articles.cnn.com/2007-07-11/tech/globalwarming.overview_1_average-surface-temperature-warming-united-nations-intergovernmental-panel?_s=PM:TECH

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2009/06/is-global-warming-part-of-earths-natural-cycle-mit-team-says-yes.html

All you have to do is follow the money when it comes to global warming. Take Al Gore for example. He recently bought himself a new mansion off the profits from his movie. You don't think a guy like him has an ulterior motive on this? Here is another interesting article on global warming.
    MYTH 1: Global temperatures are rising at a rapid, unprecedented rate.

FACT: Accurate satellite, balloon and mountain top observations made over the last three decades have not shown any significant change in the long term rate of increase in global temperatures. Average ground station readings do show a mild warming of 0.6 to 0.8Cover the last 100 years, which is well within the natural variations recorded in the last millennium. The ground station network suffers from an uneven distribution across the globe; the stations are preferentially located in growing urban and industrial areas ("heat islands"), which show substantially higher readings than adjacent rural areas ("land use effects").

There has been no catastrophic warming recorded.

MYTH 2: The "hockey stick" graph proves that the earth has experienced a steady, very gradual temperature increase for 1000 years, then recently began a sudden increase.

FACT: Significant changes in climate have continually occurred throughout geologic time. For instance, the Medieval Warm Period, from around 1000 to1200 AD (when the Vikings farmed on Greenland) was followed by a period known as the Little Ice Age. Since the end of the 17th Century the "average global temperature" has been rising at the low steady rate mentioned above; although from 1940 – 1970 temperatures actually dropped, leading to a Global Cooling scare.

The "hockey stick", a poster boy of both the UN's IPCC and Canada's Environment Department, ignores historical recorded climatic swings, and has now also been proven to be flawed and statistically unreliable as well. It is a computer construct and a faulty one at that.

MYTH 3: Human produced carbon dioxide has increased over the last 100 years, adding to the Greenhouse effect, thus warming the earth.

FACT: Carbon dioxide levels have indeed changed for various reasons, human and otherwise, just as they have throughout geologic time. Since the beginning of the industrial revolution, the CO2 content of the atmosphere has increased. The RATE of growth during this period has also increased from about 0.2% per year to the present rate of about 0.4% per year,which growth rate has now been constant for the past 25 years. However, there is no proof that CO2 is the main driver of global warming. As measured in ice cores dated over many thousands of years, CO2 levels move up and down AFTER the temperature has done so, and thus are the RESULT OF, NOT THE CAUSE of warming. Geological field work in recent sediments confirms this causal relationship. There is solid evidence that, as temperatures move up and down naturally and cyclically through solar radiation, orbital and galactic influences, the warming surface layers of the earth's oceans expel more CO2 as a result.

MYTH 4: CO2 is the most common greenhouse gas.

FACT: Greenhouse gases form about 3 % of the atmosphere by volume. They consist of varying amounts, (about 97%) of water vapour and clouds, with the remainder being gases like CO2, CH4, Ozone and N2O, of which carbon dioxide is the largest amount. Hence, CO2 constitutes about 0.037% of the atmosphere. While the minor gases are more effective as "greenhouse agents" than water vapour and clouds, the latter are overwhelming the effect by their sheer volume and – in the end – are thought to be responsible for 60% of the "Greenhouse effect".
    Those attributing climate change to CO2 rarely mention this important fact.

MYTH 5: Computer models verify that CO2 increases will cause significant global warming.

FACT: Computer models can be made to "verify" anything by changing some of the 5 million input parameters or any of a multitude of negative and positive feedbacks in the program used.. They do not "prove" anything. Also, computer models predicting global warming are incapable of properly including the effects of the sun, cosmic rays and the clouds. The sun is a major cause of temperature variation on the earth surface as its received radiation changes all the time, This happens largely in cyclical fashion. The number and the lengths in time of sunspots can be correlated very closely with average temperatures on earth, e.g. the Little Ice Age and the Medieval Warm Period. Varying intensity of solar heat radiation affects the surface temperature of the oceans and the currents. Warmer ocean water expels gases, some of which are CO2. Solar radiation interferes with the cosmic ray flux, thus influencing the amount ionized nuclei which control cloud cover.

MYTH 6: The UN proved that man–made CO2 causes global warming.
    FACT: In a 1996 report by the UN on global warming, two statements were deleted from the final draft. Here they are:
    1) “None of the studies cited above has shown clear evidence that we can attribute the observed climate changes to increases in greenhouse gases.”
    2) “No study to date has positively attributed all or part of the climate change to man–made causes”

To the present day there is still no scientific proof that man-made CO2 causes significant global warming.

MYTH 7: CO2 is a pollutant.

FACT: This is absolutely not true. Nitrogen forms 80% of our atmosphere. We could not live in 100% nitrogen either. Carbon dioxide is no more a pollutant than nitrogen is. CO2 is essential to life on earth. It is necessary for plant growth since increased CO2 intake as a result of increased atmospheric concentration causes many trees and other plants to grow more vigorously. Unfortunately, the Canadian Government has included CO2 with a number of truly toxic and noxious substances listed by the Environmental Protection Act, only as their means to politically control it.

MYTH 8: Global warming will cause more storms and other weather extremes.

FACT: There is no scientific or statistical evidence whatsoever that supports such claims on a global scale. Regional variations may occur. Growing insurance and infrastructure repair costs, particularly in coastal areas, are sometimes claimed to be the result of increasing frequency and severity of storms, whereas in reality they are a function of increasing population density, escalating development value, and ever more media reporting.

MYTH 9: Receding glaciers and the calving of ice shelves are proof of global warming.

FACT: Glaciers have been receding and growing cyclically for hundreds of years. Recent glacier melting is a consequence of coming out of the very cool period of the Little Ice Age. Ice shelves have been breaking off for centuries. Scientists know of at least 33 periods of glaciers growing and then retreating. It’s normal. Besides, glacier's health is dependent as much on precipitation as on temperature.

MYTH 10: The earth’s poles are warming; polar ice caps are breaking up and melting and the sea level rising.

FACT: The earth is variable. The western Arctic may be getting somewhat warmer, due to unrelated cyclic events in the Pacific Ocean, but the Eastern Arctic and Greenland are getting colder. The small Palmer Peninsula of Antarctica is getting warmer, while the main Antarctic continent is actually cooling. Ice thicknesses are increasing both on Greenland and in Antarctica.

http://www.globalwarminghysteria.com/ten-myths-of-global-warming/
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I have read many similar reports to this DS and so have all the people ITT who are demanding I argue with them. I just could not be assed to jump at their beck and call to post this knowing that they know it as well.

And Al Gore was one of the many people I was referring to when I said follow the money. I am used to people sliding when I mention things like I have ITT. I have seen people do it to me for the last 30+ years.

The sheer complexity of the deceit surrounding the individuals and organizations perpetrating this hoax boggles the mind, even for the most perceptive among us. Most people react with disbelief and skepticism when you mention the truth, unaware that they have been indoctrinated to react with skepticism by institutional and media influences.

De-programmer Fritz Springmeier says that most people have built in "slides" that short circuit the mind's critical examination process when it comes to certain sensitive topics. "Sliding", according to Springmeir is a CIA term for a conditioned type of response which dead ends a person's thinking and terminates examination of the subject at hand. For example, if you mention the word conspiracy it often solicits a slide response with many people.

So knowing that I have refused ITT to waste time arguing with those who have been conditioned to slide when the mainstream view of things is challenged.

But thanks for the information and time you took to provide it. :thumbsup:
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    It is not global warming anymore, it is climate change. When people totaly fail to see countries swallowed by the sea and the deserts colonizing the globe, but instead witness el nino, which is as much a natural phenomenom as the trade winds, the monsoon and snow on Kilimanjaro.

That is an easily made misunderstanding. Global warming and climate change are basically synonymous with each other. The globe's average temperature rising is what will influence the climate's change.

It would also be wrong to think the world is going to become an incredibly hot place. This shows a fundamental misunderstanding of global warming and it's effects.

For example, ice melting in the poles will see a change in salt density of the ocean. The gulf stream relies on salt levels to keep it functioning as it currently does (can explain more if need be). A decrease in salt density makes the current move slower. This has already been recorded for a decade or so I believe...Now, the gulf stream is responsible for keeping parts of Europe (western and northern) warmer than they otherwise would be. If the stream was slowed enough and warm water stopped reaching europe at it's normal pace, significant cooling would proceed. Even though it's global warming, an ice age might not be too far off the mark.
    edited February 2011
    OK FON, for the sake of discussion let's say "Global Warming" is actually causing "Climate Change" and is ushering in a new "ice age". Do you think mankind is the cause of this alleged phenomenon?
  • edited February 2011
    OK FON, for the sake of discussion let's say "Global Warming" is actually causing "Climate Change" and is ushering in a new "ice age". Do you think mankind is the cause of this alleged phenomenon?

You're right, the greenhouse effect only really causes temperatures to rise in a lab setting. IRL, it's bullshit. :facepalm:
    edited February 2011
    You're right, the greenhouse effect only really causes temperatures to rise in a lab setting. IRL, it's bullshit. :facepalm:

Sarcasm fails to prove much besides your inability to enter the conversation with anything more than regurgitated cooked data from sources that have already been shown to be biased.

I guess you are a bit young to recall with any clarity the hole in the ozone scam. Humans were destroying the ozone 30 years ago. Then magically, after new technology was introduced, (at an increased cost to the consumer) that problem ceased to be any sort of headline. Hmmmm....
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011

If you understood the greenhouse effect you would know the answer to that question.

Phenomena such as this do occur naturally, but I think it incredibly naive at this point to disregard it as a mass scientific conspiracy. If anything we are increasing the speed at which these processes occur.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    ]I guess you are a bit young to recall with any clarity the hole in the ozone scam. Humans were destroying the ozone 30 years ago. Then magically, after new technology was introduced, (at an increased cost to the consumer) that problem ceased to be any sort of headline. Hmmmm....

Another fundamental misunderstanding. Ozone holes don't 'magically' disappear unfortunately.

We still have huge holes in the ozone. Last year they reached new peaks.

EDIT 2: I believe it stopped getting reported on because they don't want to run the same story for 30 years? I'm sure it would get boring...

And also...
    Sarcasm fails to prove much besides your inability to enter the conversation with anything more than regurgitated cooked data from sources that have already been shown to be biased.

Lack of any evidence or supporting claims whatsoever fails to prove anything. At all.
    edited February 2011
    Another fundamental misunderstanding. Ozone holes don't 'magically' disappear unfortunately.

We still have huge holes in the ozone. Last year they reached new peaks.

EDIT 2: I believe it stopped getting reported on because they don't want to run the same story for 30 years? I'm sure it would get boring...

And also...

Lack of any evidence or supporting claims whatsoever fails to prove anything. At all.

I have posted plenty of evidence which you seem to have ignored.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited February 2011
    I have posted plenty of evidence which you seem to have ignored.

Was talking to TDR.

Your articles look like bullshit to me as mine do to you. I'm sure...To say one is more biased than the other is a pointless effort.
    edited February 2011
    Was talking to TDR.

Your articles look like bullshit to me as mine do to you. I'm sure...To say one is more biased than the other is a pointless effort.

Your response to DS is exactly why I could not be assed to post info. Your type always calls there own data evidence and any contradictory data biased or unscientific. The bottom line is you are being trolled by those who use Al Gore and others as front men.

Just like they did all those years ago with the big bad scary hole in the ozone.
  • edited February 2011
    Your response to DS is exactly why I could not be assed to post info. Your type always calls there own data evidence and any contradictory data biased or unscientific. The bottom line is you are being trolled by those who use Al Gore and others as front men.

Just like they did all those years ago with the big bad scary hole in the ozone.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    edited February 2011
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Judging by the deleted post and the row of emoticons it seems like you have something you are trying to say.