Gaddafi's Compound "weird amalgamation of..."

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Well, here
Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's compound Bab al Aziziyah in central Tripoli is a sort of weird amalgamation of Apocalypse Now, Disney World, Teletubbyland and a Moonie commune on acid.

Shame there's no pictures :( anyone hazard a guess?
It's where DJs mix heroic songs of the "brother leader's" speeches, played at a deafening volume to groups of old ladies ululating repeatedly and youths running around waving flags like they are on speed.

Source.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Given that the Rebel's 'military' forces appear to be based on the roaming bandits in the Mad Max films, I'm wondering if Gaffadi's base houses a thunderdome where intends on fighting Osama Bin Laden to the death in, given that Gaffadi has accused him for the uprising (amongst others things... LSD, the CIA, the BBC, etc...).
  • edited April 2011
    Given that the Rebel's 'military' forces appear to be based on the roaming bandits in the Mad Max films, I'm wondering if Gaffadi's base houses a thunderdome where intends on fighting Osama Bin Laden to the death in, given that Gaffadi has accused him for the uprising (amongst others things... LSD, the CIA, the BBC, etc...).

This could well be the case.
  • 1357913579 Death Cog Machine
    edited April 2011

True, but the question remains: Who controls barter town?