Find Legal Loop Holes and Possible Threats!

DfgDfg Admin
edited April 2011 in Spurious Generalities
So, if you haven't heard Feds busted NO WARNING on Zoklet for selling drugs and Totse2 is a bit paranoid about linking to torrents. Now normally I wouldn't worry about these matters because we're not that big yet and we don't draw that much attention to ourselves. But we could get in trouble in future if we don't plan ahead or fix the legal flaws.

I am not great at US Law because I haven't read it. What I want from yo guys is links to sources and some cases regarding websites closures. There have been some websites that got closed for streaming stuff and what not. I don't want to Totse to be taken off by cunty US or EU or whatever rules. Sure blacklisting is fine but we're at an age when FEDs can just boot you off from the network.

So, be creative and think of possible ways Totse can get pwned. While you're thinking about that, I will try to come up with ways to prevent that from happening.

I already solved the torrent issues by forcing the users to register for viewing the links and forcing them to accept our terms of agreement. I read some disclaimer on some torrent website that mentions that once you register you cannot sue etc the users or website owners because you agreed in the terms etc. It was a good disclaimer and made sense. But I don't want to implement that system just yet.

Plus, there is the drug issue. We might need to close some sections to public or filter them in some way. The Internet is fighting an Internal war and even sites like 4Chan work with the feds to keep running. Since we cannot cooperate with the Feds it's best we give them less excuses to fuck us.

DISCUSS/THINK

Comments

• Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I am not great at US Law because I haven't read it.

HGj5W.jpg

because it doesn't look like this? with its fine bindings and warm burning temperature on those cold pakistani nights.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited April 2011
    PS - we don't line our Constitution with gold leaf.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Nick wrote: »
    What terms of agreement ?:D, I never read the Terms of Agreement:eek:

http://www.demonoid.me/terms_and_conditions.php

Which logic person would spend one hour of his life reading for example, the above terms and conditions , in a site that has as main subject to share cracked programs that is illegal in first place ?:D

And speaking of sharing.....what is that demonoid ???:eek:, I prefer obviously piratebay and h33t :D along with rapidshare and hotfile ...you know...it's more easy for anyone interested to find me that way as I do have a subscription there :D, why to trouble the simple minds of all those thief's aka companies that sell their goods like it's gold ...:rolleyes:.

Anyway, to the point, first of all thanks Dfg for the comment screening....now I understood what it is, it's perfect actually, or almost perfect actually, lots of site's , especially blogging sites have implemented such thing, well.....Net obviously is heading towards a complete loss of Freedom of Speech , they give us the cherry on top to try it and then they feed us with their protection that we so begged for.....

Most of the spammers and troublemakers after all are hired to do such thing so to make simple minds seek for protection.

To the point....Am from Greece, don't know what are the regulations on US regarding all the above you mentioned,,.,..hell I don't even know in my Country what exists...:D

If the Fed's though busted on that site aka Zoklet...obviously again with no warning.....you never listen ..do you ?....then don't think that they are not here already, as they were also there before they bust without warning :facepalm:...lol....

So knowing by default that they are here already....that's actually no negotiable lol :p....better think what are the weak points of this site already and expect traps by members that you even thought as friends....just trying to help here, maybe restrict access to tor network for example for a start...then check the ip's and compare them with known undercover fed's one's....don't know...you're the genius here....I told you yesterday to prepare for attack...you still never listen .

:facepalm:,

I didn't give you the full information about Zoklet problem. The user was dealing with drugs and they were on to him for over a year. They didn't bother with Zoklet records because they already asked Google for the e-mail records.

The Internet might be heading towards less freedom of speech but we have to move against that.

Are the feds monitoring this place, maybe or maybe not.

Demonoid is a semi-public tracker and I use it all the time.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    lol fuck zok
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited April 2011
    Zok also had a shitstorm concerning the coupon thread.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    people actually read the terms and conditions? :eek:
  • KraneKrane Regular
    edited April 2011
    They shut down weed.com a few years ago because of members posting pictures of their stashes.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    Krane wrote: »
    They shut down weed.com a few years ago because of members posting pictures of their stashes.

how do they know its weed in the picture? it could be fake?

they cant prove it
  • KraneKrane Regular
    edited April 2011
    Pacino wrote: »
    how do they know its weed in the picture? it could be fake?

they cant prove it

People set up expensive hydroponic systems just to grow a plant that looks like weed, then make video guides on how to grow 'fake weed' even though they say what sites to buy seeds from and what strain it is and discuss 'fake weed' prices in their local area? :)
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    Krane wrote: »
    People set up expensive hydroponic systems just to grow a plant that looks like weed, then make video guides on how to grow 'fake weed' even thogh they say what sites to buy seeds from and what strain it is and discuss 'fake weed' prices in their local area? :)

yeah
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Nick wrote: »
    It doesn't change anything Dfg, you have to protect your users, Zoklet failed obviously , the same with your site as it is now, cause everybody or mostly everybody acts like a fool here and would say anything just to play it cool and tough, you know that the users make the reputation of the site, and users practically are trained to behave normal or like idiots, I don't say that the one in that site did not deserve to get caught...my opinion on drugs is not negotiable as well, they are bad, anyone that sells should be locked down , internet was not created for bringing into surface the bad side of people, anyway, what I want to say is that you as an Admin of this site should not give an illusion above all power to the members that register here. It's very easy for someone to get caught by foolish acts.

And for the site also it's not good, which person that wants to fight against the loss of freedom of speech would register in a site that is monitored by Authorities and check everything written here for possible future terrorist and not only attacks in reality.

I hope you understand my point.

I understand your concerns. I can only guide people and do damage control. Some things just take time :)
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    This is why I have cleansed my PC of all grey area material. Slight paranoia.

Edit:-

Government: "It's not theft when we steal you server and intellectual property, or terror when we kick your front door in and shit your family up at 5am!"
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited April 2011
    Arrest and prosecution is a consequence of illegal activity. Think of it as a way of natural selection.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    This is why I have cleansed my PC of all grey area material. Slight paranoia.

Edit:-

Government: "It's not theft when we steal you server and intellectual property, or terror when we kick your front door in and shit your family up at 5am!"

whats the song called? its the same one from dawn of the dead right?

ive always wanted to know what it is i fucking love it for some strange reason

FUCK i want it as my ringtone
  • edited April 2011
    How about Copyright permissions on images in the CMS? A lot of them are simply linked images from other sites, which isn't good seeing as we're claiming that it's all our content. We should upload all images to the Totse server or something.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    How about Copyright permissions on images in the CMS? A lot of them are simply linked images from other sites, which isn't good seeing as we're claiming that it's all our content. We should upload all images to the Totse server or something.

A link this image taken from that website does the work. Plus, we're using Creative Common License. So, we're not making any claims here anyway.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Pacino wrote: »
    whats the song called? its the same one from dawn of the dead right?

ive always wanted to know what it is i fucking love it for some strange reason

FUCK i want it as my ringtone

Yeah it's "The man comes around" by Johnny Cash. As for the CMS there must be an artistic way we can say this is all legit lol
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited April 2011
    You are all being watched after my tip to the FBI about dirtyfaggot's desire to watch CP.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    You are all being watched after my tip to the FBI about dirtyfaggot's desire to watch CP.

dirtysanchez left here :o your bitch have your baby yet?
    edited April 2011
    dirtysanchez left here :o your bitch have your baby yet?

Yeah, like 10 weeks ago.
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    congrats i guess, you still butthurt brah?
    edited April 2011
    congrats i guess, you still butthurt brah?

I'll never stop feeling the way I do about how wrong CP is, but as long as dirtyfaggot is gone, I think I can come back here.