Common Household Hiding Places

edited May 2011 in Man Cave
What are some of the best places in your average house to hide things such as drugs, small weapons and valuables? So far, I've only been able to come up with the following;

In the top of a wooden door - cut out a hole in the top of a wooden door in your house so that there is a hole big enough to stuff something inside. Put your drugs in there, push the wood back in if you want and make sure it's not visible.

Inside a table leg - Drill a wide hole into the bottom of a table leg and stuff your things up into the leg :D

Inside speakers - Because speakers come apart and can conceal things easily, although its well known and will be searched if someone's determined.

Comments

• proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited May 2011
    Inside an air duct; computers; under the mattress...
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    In the walls, hollowed out furniture
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I have a Paladin Press book on exactly this sort of thing.

My idea? Get a CD stack and glue them together, even put them on a spindle if you want. One glued, cut the middle portion out under the first few CDs. Once cut and dried, place the CDs on top and voila! Looks just like a regular stack/spindle of CDs.

Same can be said for hollow books or file folders. Stick together and make stash areas.

Will post the book when I'm at home.
  • PsychoDelicPsychoDelic Regular
    edited May 2011
    proudclod9 wrote: »
    Inside an air duct; computers; under the mattress...

Yeh if it's a small item, like a disk or money you wouldn't like any one to find. Open up the hardrive to your desktop and hide it in there.
    The mattress is good, put police usually search it. Couch mattresses might be better if it's not heavy things.

If your bathtub has a removable side that would be a good place as well.
    You could bag it up and put it in the dirt of a potted plant.
    Making a fake wall panel is brilliant, there are usually parts of walls (especially wooden) where you could create this without it standing out at all.
    But I guess if you are dealing, you would want quick access to your stash.
    So cd/ game/ dvd cases would be okay. Inside a sock, inside a drawer. Under your bed.

It really depends who your hiding it from. If it's because of parents, flat mates or guests and friends then simple, out of sight hiding place should be fine. If it's from thieves/ dealers/ police then you would want to go for the more difficult, but more effective hideys.

Also, RemadE has a good idea with the books and CDs, and your wooden door one is great.
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited May 2011
    inside the oven.

Cops raided my hommies house. Whole stash was in the oven.

not one pig decided to look in there. Funny as fuck
  • edited May 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    I have a Paladin Press book on exactly this sort of thing.

My idea? Get a CD stack and glue them together, even put them on a spindle if you want. One glued, cut the middle portion out under the first few CDs. Once cut and dried, place the CDs on top and voila! Looks just like a regular stack/spindle of CDs.

Same can be said for hollow books or file folders. Stick together and make stash areas.

Will post the book when I'm at home.

Yeah, I have that very book saved on a portable HDD :D It's a good read - lots of good diagrams and drawings to back up the text. Post it if you want, I recommend that people read it if they're interested in this area.
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited May 2011
    If you've got old electronics (televisions, etc.) then you can hollow those things out and stuff 'em full. Throw 'em in the basement.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    Old harddisk casing, CD Roms, anything electronic that looks hard to open can work. Even printer cartiages [laser ones].

CRT monitors?
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    poweroutlets17.jpg

:thumbsup:
  • edited May 2011
    Alright, so what about hiding something which smells really strong (such as skunk) and your house is about to be raided by police who have a drug dog. What then? Are you fucked no matter how well you hide your stuff?
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    There's no way you can trick a sniffer dog.

http://mythbustersresults.com/hair-of-the-dog

Mythbusters ftw!
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    You can hide contraband from a sniffer dog by covering the contraband with peanut butter.

busted

The dog easily found the contraband.

Why would you even think of this? Dogs love peanut butter :o
  • edited May 2011
    I heard that sealing your weed inside some wax (such as inside a candle) will help keep the smell out, with a couple of extra baggies to wrap the weed in. Then you wrap the candle in something, which is then hidden somewhere...

Overkill in most circumstances, but if you REALLY can't afford to be caught then yeah :)
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    Alright, so what about hiding something which smells really strong (such as skunk) and your house is about to be raided by police who have a drug dog. What then? Are you fucked no matter how well you hide your stuff?
    Box wrote: »
    There's no way you can trick a sniffer dog.

http://mythbustersresults.com/hair-of-the-dog

Mythbusters ftw!

No one ever looks inside the leg of pork that is on a polystyrene tray wrapped in clingfilm with a price sticker on that is in the freezer. Even better if you double vac bag what you are hiding. The skin on the pork is easy to split and remove some meat.

No one ever gets caught from double happy sacking something and putting it in a carved bar of soap and refilling with damp soap. Be sure to use the soap some after wards so it looks fairly uniform.

You just have to make sure shit is clean every step of the way - IE happy sack / vac bag, dip in spirit vinigar then water, clean hands, another happy sack / vac bag, vingar and water dip and hide in your place of choice.

As long as something is well sealed, you just have to think of somewhere to hide it.

I knew a dealer years ago who used to double bag and hide shit under his pond liner - move one stone on his patio, arm under the pond liner and grab a string he would force into the sand under the pond liner. He would push whatever he was hiding towards the centre of the pond with a net he kept by the pond, making sure a string was attached to the bag.

The cops will not drain a pond and rip it up unless its a murder enquiry or they think you are supplying dealers.

Be aware that a warrent very rarely covers a neighbours garden - only if the police have reason to suspect - EG they have seen you hiding shit in their or have reports of you doing that.
  • edited May 2011
    ^ Amazing ideas there dude, really. I gues you can hide anything if you really put your mind to it, and sometimes think outside of the box a little. What's with the vinegar though? Does that clean the baggie or something?
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited May 2011
    For sniffer dogs, the worst thing you can do is use masking scents. Drug dogs are not trained to smell the vast majority of existing psychoactive substances, and because of the vast number of substances it is virtually impossible that they ever will be. Using vacuum seals greatly reduces the radius in which a drug dog can hit on a package from, as well as stop agents from smelling products. Most people who send drugs through the post do this.

As for hiding places, inside guttering and drain pipes work well, if not hidden completely away from the house, but they're not entirely practical.

Really, if you're getting raided for drugs, flush the shit. It's worth losing it over so many years wasted in prison.
  • edited May 2011
    Another thing I recall reading from somewhere is the idea of having a little safe-box which you can put your stuff inside, then stick it on the roof of your house or something. Not very useful if it sticks out like a sore thumb, and you have to be able to easily access it - but if you're able to do it then its still an idea.
    edited May 2011
    Inside a non-functioning radiator.
    edited May 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    Inside a non-functioning radiator.

Ooh, this radiator is warm, and this one is not so warm. Cops will fell that shit more than they want to grab your crotch.
    edited May 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    ^ Amazing ideas there dude, really. I gues you can hide anything if you really put your mind to it, and sometimes think outside of the box a little. What's with the vinegar though? Does that clean the baggie or something?

It is an acid with carbon as its main acidic component. The acid will react with any free roaming compounds, but also contains some free carbon to react an pull in any compounds - it is like a double chemical dip. Weak, but easily obtainable.

You must wash it wish water tho - you do not want everything smelling of a masking smell - otherwise the question will be posed 'why is this smell here?'

You could make a lot of bad home brew that will vingar itself if you want, but do you want your house to smell like a tramps jeans? (unless you are a meth).

Vinegar has been used as a cleaning compound for millenia due to its properties of reaction and absorbtion. The water is to wash off any residue, after all, I know what vinegar can be used for - as such I would investigate why something would smell of it - as would a PO - the water, if enough in volume - will remove enough vinegar so the small of it is not there.
    edited May 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Ooh, this radiator is warm, and this one is not so warm. Cops will fell that shit more than they want to grab your crotch.

Either:

1. Summer
    2. Basement room that does not need the radiator to be constantly on.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    The eBook of "How to Hide Anything".

And this is the kinda thing I was talking about with the CD stash, but on a spindle

4341.jpg