Only Fools and Horses complete series 1 to 8 torrents

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Only Fools and Horses is an amazing, classic British Sitcom that reminds me of my childhood. You may have heard of it or at least seen some cultural reference. Written by John Sullivan and based in Peckham, South London in in 1980s and up to 1991 (plus some special episodes after) it follows the adventures of Delboy, Rodney and Grandad in their adventures trading and making money, trying to get by. Funny as fuck and highly reccommended. If you don't know British Culture, or think you do, you need to watch this.
hR141bq79rRbfCj9dZiapbG5YiZ0o3N3qnER.jpg
The situation focuses primarily on their futile attempts to become millionaires through questionable get rich quick schemes and by buying and selling a variety of low-quality and illegal goods, such as Russian Army camcorders, luminous yellow paint and sex dolls filled with an explosive gas. They own an unregistered company, Trotters Independent Traders, trade primarily on the black market and generally neither pay taxes nor claim money from the state; as Del says, "The government don't give us nothing, so we don't give the government nothing". Most of their deals are too dodgy to succeed and usually end up backfiring, an important factor in generating sympathy for the characters. They also drive a grubby three-wheeled van, and are regulars at their local pub, The Nag's Head.

Remember when I said about when I lived in Southall? Well watch it at 1:20 into this video. Casual racism FTW.

Every episode is different so you can't judge purely on this. I cannot reccommend it enough!
After a relatively slow start the show went on to achieve consistently high ratings, and the 1996 episode "Time On Our Hands" holds the record for the highest UK audience for a sitcom episode, attracting 24.3 million viewers (over a third of the population)

It also had an impact on British culture, contributing several words and phrases to the English language and boosting the popularity of the Reliant Regal van.

Here are the torrent links for each season

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

Season 6

Season 7

Season 8

Miami Twice special

Fucking watch it!

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Well, I like watching stuff and I will hopefully give this a try. Thanks for sharing it :D
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    No problem :) one of my favourites. May take a bit of getting used to if you aren't British but once you get the lingo and whatnot, it's a great show. If not the most popular here in the UK.
  • edited August 2011
    It's a great show. I used to watch this when I was younger, just sitting there at night before I went to bed and watching a few episodes for the lulz. Same with Bottom, if you've ever seen that. I reckon it would take a bit of getting used to though, especially for a Pakistani. I assume you're trying to learn the English language as perfectly as possible aren't ya, Dfg? English folk have a shit load of lazy speech and lingo flying around everywhere. If you can understand it though, you'll find it a funny show.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    No problem :) one of my favourites. May take a bit of getting used to if you aren't British but once you get the lingo and whatnot, it's a great show. If not the most popular here in the UK.

Actually I am tuned to British and American accents already :D. So, I understood perfectly what they were saying. It was funny especially when he goes on to scam his mate hahah.
  • edited August 2011
    That miami twice special - is it the one where they keep trying to kill Del boy? At one point he goes on a jetski and they stick the throttle down and he ends up miles away :D Hilarious stuff, hahaha
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2011
    Can you compare it to something else? Something more American?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    Can you compare it to something else? Something more American?

I think trx could back me up here, and maybe dr rocker, but I can't think of anything American with the same kind of vibe. It's similar to "the green green grass" apparently, but I don't know much about it. Wish I could be of more help.
    Glad Dfg enjoyed it ;) and yes the Miami Twice episode is the one with the Jetski :p funny as.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2011
    I remember this. It was some funny shit. :thumbsup: