Arthur [2011]

DfgDfg Admin
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
arthur1o.png

Recasting the 1981 comedy classic starring Dudley Moore, this romantic chuckler chronicles the dilemma faced by philanderer Arthur Bach (Russell Brand) -- whether to give up a respectable life and an inheritance of millions for the sake of romance. Jennifer Garner co-stars as Susan Johnson, the gorgeous socialite that Arthur's family has chosen for him. Greta Gerwig plays Naomi, the girl who steals Arthur's heart in the meantime.

IMDB

Torrents:
720p
720p Rip
480p

Didn't see the original, might just watch this piece of shit. Yes, I hate that cunt.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    It was.... well it didn't leave a sore taste in my mouth. It was what I expected it to me. Same old bullshit with lots more booze and unwanted show of money. In real world Arthur would have been nicked, raped and kidnapped but not in this movie. Garner lost her charm for me and the only saving grace in this movie is Helen other than that, it's just childish. It's more like romance + learning to get grips of the story.

You will hate Russel from time to time because he is an idiot and I think that's the point of the whole movie, an idiot who finally grows balls and learns his lesson.

I should stop before I start yelling.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited August 2011
    I heard it wasn't that bad from a critic. I'm still not going to watch it though.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2011
    Gary Oak wrote: »
    I'm still not going to watch it though.

This. Russell Brand is too much :facepalm:
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Russell Brand is just terrible... It would cause me physical just to watch him try to act.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited September 2011
    I didn't like this one. Watched it yesterday & it bored me to death, well not that lol but it did bore me to sleep. I missed a nice chunk of the movie while I was dozing off but it was easy to figure out what was going on what with the obvious plot & all. The voice Russel Brand was using was just... creepy.
  • edited September 2011
    I really like russel brand but not when he is in movies.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Y'see, I liked him in movies as his Stand Up created a whole new wave of morons trying to imitate his shit-eating grin here in the UK. However if he was really like that in the movie, he'd have been stabbed a long time ago. I'm up for giving anything a go (lololol) so will download it as I won't have any Internet at Uni when I move in later on today.