How To Beat Your Wife [Islam]

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2012 in Spurious Generalities

I can attest to the validness of what the Imam was saying in the video. However, I will keep my thoughts neutral on this. Mostly because I intend to live a long life for now.

Comments

• angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited June 2012
    LOL beatings with rules.
    When can you throw acid in her face?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    angryonion wrote: »
    LOL beatings with rules.
    When can you throw acid in her face?

When you're angry and insecure or pretty much any time you like.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Ah I remember seeing this a while back and was tempted to make notes.

Talking of Islamic punishment, I watched a beheading video from the UAE today and the dude jumps back after cutting the head off to avoid getting blood on his white robes. At least be into your damn job!
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2012
    What if she's already ugly? Then can I punch her in the face??? :confused:
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2012
    I was listening to No Agenda last night, they were talking about this. An imam in Spain was recorded giving a sermon on "how to beat your wife", after a furor erupted he was replaced. His congregation refused to acknowledge the sermon even took place.

If you watch that video in entirety, the sheik says that wife beating in permissible only in one situation, when she refuses to sleep with him. The justification is that a pious Muslim has no other place to go.

All the faults of Islam come down to warped views on sex and gender inequality. To be fair, those are also the problems of Christianity - the difference is we ignore it and do as we please.

We self-criticize, they don't- as a result the Muslim world has contributed nothing to society for the past 500 years.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    All the faults of Islam come down to warped views on sex and gender inequality.

Same for Christianity. Look at Homophobia and Sodomy etc. Charlie Brooker did a great piece on how the anti-Gay lobby perceives the world, possibly.
    ...Obviously you can't fight the big gay penis in your head. It has no physical form, so you can't get a grip on it, much as you'd like to. You'd love to grab it and throttle it until it splutters its last. That might bring you closure. But no. So you do the next best thing. You condemn homosexuals in the real world. Maybe if they could just stop all this "being gay" business for 10 minutes, you'd get some respite from that scary headcock. It might shrivel away completely, leaving nothing behind. Except maybe a nice bit of bum...

Also don't forget that when these Religions were "created", laws were more permissive around sex etc, purely in the bestiality and kiddy sense. Muhammed had a kid wife, and Roman times allowed for public shagging of people and goats.

Yerp.