More "facebook" Fail

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited September 2012 in Spurious Generalities
The old dude next door came over yesterday and asked if I could change his failbook password. His grandson created the account for him and had all his details. Being the neighborly sort I said, "Hell Ya!"

He bought over his touchpod and accessed his own modem. (It's pretty close to where my puter is) I'm not a fan of small assed TP screens, so offered to use my own puter & connection instead. I sign into his account and change his password and fill in some of his personal data like where he's from and shit. Log out & log back in to see if the change has taken place. Sweet! All good, until the next day.

He comes over today & says "I can't sign in because someone may have haX3d it. Failbook in their oh so wise wisdom decided to lock it and requested proof of ownership. I'd say they came to this conclusion because the TP & my computer were signed in on different IPs.

My bitch is! Why the FUCK would they want photo ID considering you fill in a shit load of personal security questions when you start an account? WTF were the questions for in the first fucking place? He hasn't even got an image on his page. So what the fuck are they gonna compare his mug to? (More failbook data mining)

Ps9i9.png

For the message up above.....FUFUFU Failbook. I'd rather stand near my mailbox with a megaphone shouting out stories of my life than have an account with you MFs. FUFUFU again :angry:

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2012
    Rule 012547# Never trust FACEBOOK.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited September 2012
    Shit like this is why I don't play with failbook or My space or any other social media.
    I have a google+ account that I use with like three people and that's it period.
    Why people seem to need 500 "FRIENDS" on failbook is beyond me,NO ONE GIVES A FUCK OK.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2012
    angryonion wrote: »
    Why people seem to need 500 "FRIENDS" on failbook is beyond me,NO ONE GIVES A FUCK OK.

Rir2t.jpg
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I knew they were getting worse for that sort of shit but fuck, that takes the cake.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2012
    PayPal used to do this to me on a weekly basis.

Now I have a system where i set up a dummy account and send money to that account then pass it on to the recipient as a gift. They don't ask to verify anything that way (even if the account is locked). odd.

Which reminds me: Dfg, give me your paypal userid.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2012
    PayPal used to do this to me on a weekly basis.

Now I have a system where i set up a dummy account and send money to that account then pass it on to the recipient as a gift. They don't ask to verify anything that way (even if the account is locked). odd.

Which reminds me: Dfg, give me your paypal userid.

Don't have one. Paypal doesn't support Pakistan :(.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I can see where the Facebook IP rule comes from (as I used TOR to access my troll account). However it is ridiculous as they soon build up an even bigger picture of you and your access methods.

And fuck uploading IRL identity forms etc. Zuckerberg can suck a donkey knob covered in smeg for that rule.