Ahmadinejad assasination attempt

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/08/04/report-handmade-grenade-explodes-near-iranian-presidents-convoy/

[QUOTEA homemade grenade exploded near Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's motorcade Wednesday in an apparent assassination attempt, sources told Fox News, though the Iranian government quickly and vehemently denied reports of an attack.

Sources said Ahmadinejad was unharmed when the device exploded near a car carrying journalists traveling in his convoy toward Hamedan, in western Iran, where he was traveling to give a speech. A conservative website reported that the blast was about 100 yards from his car.][/QUOTE]

I dont see why there trying to kill the guy attempting to make iran great and defend them from Israel. I guess im not to surprised after those riots a few months back though.

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    Already denied by Ahmadinejad.
    Reports of an assassination attempt on the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, were denied by the Tehran regime today, which said the confusion stemmed from a firecracker being mistakenly described as a "grenade".

The Iranian website khabaronline.ir said a homemade grenade exploded near Ahmadinejad's presidential motorcade in Hamedan, western Iran, as he was on his way to address a crowd.

But the official Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) reported that a local youth had thrown a firecracker as "a sign of joy" and blamed the use of the words "homemade grenade" for the confusion.

It quoted the governor of Hamedan saying: "No one has been injured and no damage has been made."

However, Mehr news agency said that a number of people had been arrested at the scene.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/aug/04/mahmoud-ahmadinejad-assassination-iran
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited August 2010
    LSA King wrote: »

He could very well be covering it up. if it did indeed happen he wouldn't admit to it for fear of being seen as hated or unpopular.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    He could very well be covering it up. if it did indeed happen he wouldn't admit to it for fear of being seen as hated or unpopular.

You'd think so, but the video they had which showed it cut off right before the "firecracker" went off and only showed pictures thereafter. I just think it's more media bullshit hype but I could be wrong. I'd tend to give Iran the benefit of the doubt given Europe and Americas track record just this past decade regarding anything going on i n the middle east.
  • edited August 2010
    LOL @ "Sign of joy"
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    If he was attacked, it was probably the American's who dunnit.
  • KamuyKamuy Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    Vicky wrote: »
    If he was attacked, it was probably the American's who dunnit.

It would be MOSSAD if anyone.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    Kamuy wrote: »
    It would be MOSSAD if anyone.

Like I said, America.