MSN + Webcam Problem

edited August 2010 in Tech & Games
So a while ago I bought a webcam, installed it and was able to use it with MSN with NO PROBLEM AT ALL. Now, I wanna use the webcam and the only option it gives me is to make a video call.

No normal webcam session, just a video call.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but it doesn't work. My friend also has the same problem, but he's running a laptop with a built in webcam.

Really pissing me off now! Can I get some help?

Comments

• TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    MSN software sucks dick in general, with webcams is even worse. Use skype if you do that a lot or tinychat when you just need it to see titties.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    TLV wrote: »
    MSN software sucks dick in general, with webcams is even worse. Use skype if you do that a lot or tinychat when you just need it to see titties.

I would have to agree when it comes to temporary video chats. I've tried to deal with MSN's shitty ass software for a year and realized why I hate IM's because of the fact they try and merge every damn thing in the world into one tiny program and end up slacking on the entire architecture of what it was originally meant for.

Make sure your web cam software picks up your web cam. It sounds like it works, just not with MSN. Might want to check the software settings in both MSN and your Web cam and see if you can manually debug the problem. If it's a logitech it's not uncommon as their forums are polluted with device recognition failures. Recently my web cam stopped being recognized by any software, yet worked fine for sites like Tinychat. I ended up reinstalling my damn OS out of frustration and shitty tech support from Logitech. I shit you not after 24 hours they replied to my email REPEATING my email of detailed info not telling me shit. I was so pissed.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling as a last resort. Not saying it will work but driver issues seem to be a major flaw in web cams and software support is the #2 reason for recognition failures.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    Did you install ithe CD-packaging it came in?

If it's a logitech or HP, it should've gotten picked up by the software that came with the CD.

If it's not being picked up by MSN messenger, trying playing with the settings. Remember, that if the person at the other end has a more recent or later version of MSN, 'video' will be disabled.

Have you tried using an alternative such as a yahoo! ?