Online community stepping stones

edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
This thread is all about how you ended up at TOTSE in the first place, and what you did to get here. Where were you posting before here?

For me, I started out my internet life at rotteneggs (lol), discovered most of the internet there when posting on the forums including TOTSE. I was "matured" online there, as well. I then found /b/, followed by more RE, and then Youn00b. I was referred to SOOTS (some kind of tM rip-off), followed by another tM, and finally started posting over here.

:D

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    Stormfront was the first forum I ever signed up too. Then I discovered totse a few years back. After totse died I posted mainly on stormfront and on zoklet with some 4chan every now and then. Then this place opened and I saw the thread on Zoklet about it and here I am:D
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    I used to post on gaming boards.

I was an avid PC gamer back then and went hardcore on posting stuff.

Then I moved on to Engadget and that was pretty much the entire internet to me and some DIY forums.

After a while I got bored and just decided to search for "making a bomb." It was a big no-no back then with all the hype about the FBI busting your ass for searching terrorist related material and CP.
  • Dumpster SlutDumpster Slut Acolyte
    edited September 2010
    Stormfront was the first forum I ever signed up too. Then I discovered totse a few years back. After totse died I posted mainly on stormfront and on zoklet with some 4chan every now and then. Then this place opened and I saw the thread on Zoklet about it and here I am:D

lmfao online racism
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    lmfao online racism

It's not just online. You have no idea the bullshit Ive had to put up with due to my beliefs.
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited September 2010
    It's not just online. You have no idea the bullshit Ive had to put up with due to my beliefs.

Then stop believing in bullshit.
  • edited September 2010
    I made a few posts on Anandtech when I was building my computer, and I'm sure there were a few other forums I posted on too, fo sure.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    I posted on the Stratics gaming forum, then totse until it closed, then zoklet for a week when it opened and then for a couple weeks in late june/early july this year until someone PM'd me telling me about totse.info. I came here and realized this really is the new totse, so I'm here to stay. It was weird not having a home forum for years, and I can't stand forums that don't let you say whatever the fuck you want as long as it's more or less on topic. That's the reason I can't sign up for any other forum.
  • Dumpster SlutDumpster Slut Acolyte
    edited September 2010

head-in-the-sand.JPG
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    I found the old TOTSE from an article titled "How to become an assassin." Never knew there was a bbs until it closed. Then about the time .info opened, I was looking for that same article, and found my way to Zoklet, where I saw all this drama, and followed a link to TOTSE.INFO and I've been here ever since :D
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2010
    totse.com, zoklet, totse.info

I originally found totse.com by googling "how to get free analog cable tv". The textfiles covered this topic with varying accuracy. Incidentally the first circuit i ever build was a direct result of the totse.com text files, which in turn set me off to a technically orientated career.

totse.com forums were (for me as a teenager) a bastion of tech knowledge in the mid 2000s .
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited September 2010
    At least 40+ invisionfree forums
    HackForums
    Partyv&pranks and there bullshit
    Zoklet
    Totse.info
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2010
    Zoklet and then here.