I discovered a new color.

Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
We named it 42, because it was the color of everything, and somehow we got that latched to the life, universe, and everything.

This is what it looks like.

Wv3NK.jpg

Literally what happened was I was screwing around with my phone cam and took a picture of something blurry and it just looked like that and yeah.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    I like that color, I might use it somewhere.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited September 2010
    600px-Maroon.svg.png

Looks like maroon to me.
  • edited September 2010
    Looks a bit darker and deeper than that ^
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited September 2010
    One of my friends just proposed that I might have been seeing into the infra-red.

Which I don't really want to attempt to comprehend after attempting to understand just how I managed to cum in the fourth dimension.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited September 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Looks a bit darker and deeper than that ^

Dark maroon.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited September 2010
    Dark maroon is

Dark%20Maroon%20Twill.jpg
    edited September 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    Dark maroon.

That is flat. 42 has depth.
  • edited September 2010
    HEY, HABANER0.

Watch this now. http://www.neave.com/strobe/
    edited September 2010
    No, first off because I am for better or for worse back on earth and just in an introspective haze

Second because there were strobes before I dropped and they gave me a giant headache.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    The human eye cannot see infrared. You can wear goggles or whatever, but on your own you cannot. Nice try, though.
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    The human eye cannot see infrared. You can wear goggles or whatever, but on your own you cannot. Nice try, though.

Actually that is wrong, the human eye can see very faintly into the near IR. Some people can actually see the TV remote light. I did a little experiment once with a 650nm near-IR filter I was using for astronomy, and looked at a light and I could see it, albeit very dim. I also moved an IR cut filter in front of it and then the light cut out completely.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2010
    Habaner0 wrote: »
    Actually that is wrong, the human eye can see very faintly into the near IR. Some people can actually see the TV remote light. I did a little experiment once with a 650nm near-IR filter I was using for astronomy, and looked at a light and I could see it, albeit very dim. I also moved an IR cut filter in front of it and then the light cut out completely.

I can see that too but that was WAAAAY before. As you age your eye sight get fucked too but you're referring to an IR remote which submits a beam. The image is static and unless you're superman or have some IR equipment you can't really see the IR colors :)

If only the image had some power source that would send IR beams flying here and there, then I could probably go with your story.

Looking at the picture the color is dark maroon with patches of black color mixed in.
    edited September 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I can see that too but that was WAAAAY before. As you age your eye sight get fucked too but you're referring to an IR remote which submits a beam. The image is static and unless you're superman or have some IR equipment you can't really see the IR colors :)

If only the image had some power source that would send IR beams flying here and there, then I could probably go with your story.

Looking at the picture the color is dark maroon with patches of black color mixed in.

No not the colors of course, when I looked through the filter everything was just a really dark red. That's why I included the IR cut filter, to be sure no ordinary red light was bleeding through.

That said, it was interesting to think about although the whole meaning of the color was much more fun. And to think we came up with this sitting in the hallway outside of this cripple's apartment (we know him, it's not some random fuck) who we broke into 3 times and he never noticed.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited September 2010
    Impossible, there are endless colors and that is a well known fact :o. That's like taking a number from 1 to infinity and saying you found a new number. Can't happen.