In this thread, the perfect Drinking Glass.

GumboGumbo Regular
edited September 2010 in Spurious Generalities
They should be somewhat squat, and with a very low center of gravity, and be made of thick glass, so they do not get chipped/broken when smacked together in a cupboard. It is important that the profile of the glass does not slim too greatly towards the bottom, featuring no more than a 20 percent reduction in radius from top to bottom.

Oh, and they need to be able to hold two full ice cubes and a whole can of sodeepap.

This is the right shape, but the website states that it's dimensions are somewhat smaller than ideal.

drinkingglass-2-ACT.jpg

Comments

• DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    I just use what ever is around. I want Das boot I've only seen them sold once.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited September 2010
    The perfect glass must be accompanied by the perfect straw.

penis-straws1.jpg
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    I like different glasses for different things.

I use a tulip glass for IPAs.
    Lowball for whiskey.
    Belgian pint glass for lagers and ales.
    A 22 1/2 oz pilsner glass for pilsners (obviously).
    Rum and vodka go into a standard 12 oz high ball glass if I'm mixing, otherwise I use a small lowball-style glass that I use for whiskey.

I will take a pic someday.
  • GumboGumbo Regular
    edited September 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I like different glasses for different things.

I use a tulip glass for IPAs.
    Lowball for whiskey.
    Belgian pint glass for lagers and ales.
    A 22 1/2 oz pilsner glass for pilsners (obviously).
    Rum and vodka go into a standard 12 oz high ball glass if I'm mixing, otherwise I use a small lowball-style glass that I use for whiskey.

I will take a pic someday.

Very sophistocated. I was a bartender for a while, and we had a shit ton of different glasses. Only really used two of 'em though.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    This.

Discontinued though.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited September 2010
    Gumbo wrote: »
    Very sophistocated. I was a bartender for a while, and we had a shit ton of different glasses. Only really used two of 'em though.

Despite what people say, if you put different things in different glasses it does slightly alter the flavor. I just like doing things this way. If I had a bar, there's no way I'd invest in a huge array of glassware, though, unless I wanted it to be a snobby, upscale place.
  • Dumpster SlutDumpster Slut Acolyte
    edited September 2010
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited September 2010
    red-cup.jpg?w=360&h=360

Hell yeah I love those thing's. I usually use them as spit cups but it's nice not having to worry about there condition. I can just throw them out. Less dishes is win.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited September 2010
    Anything to harm the environment I suppose.
  • edited September 2010
    I have some really good glasses in my kitchen - they're the perfect size to hold a can full of drink, plus you can fit ice cubes in too. Only problem is that they're pretty thin.
  • edited September 2010
    I use a small 4 cup coffee pot, squat, hard to knock over, has a handle, and I drink a lot, so it saves on having to get up off my ass to fix a drink.:eek:
  • edited September 2010
    Anyone else just drink straight from a pitcher? :D