Removing Youtube Sigs

edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Cast your vote on whether or not Youtube sigs should be disabled. This should be an official poll so that we can get a community decision on what actions need to be taken (if any). It's fairly exploitable, slows down the site for not only members with shitty connections but also increases the site loading times. Not to mention they look really out of place.

On the other hand, they're funny and occasionally interesting. Fatty's sig also has a good song in ;)

Comments

• skunkskunk Regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't particularly mind youtube signatures, only when they autoplay. I have disabled signatures entirely for the time being.
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    Keep the videos.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't mind them as long as the auto play is disabled. The autoplay is fucking annoying especially when you have 5 or 6 in the same thread all playing at the same time.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, get rid of autoplay, that's the issue. I like to open multiple tabs, and when every thread has 7 youtube videos loading at once, it really slows down my connection.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't mind them as long as the auto play is disabled. The autoplay is fucking annoying especially when you have 5 or 6 in the same thread all playing at the same time.

Fucking this!

I have no problem with them as long as there no fucking auto play.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited February 2011
    Definitely kill autoplay. I'm not a huge fan of videos in signatures to begin with, but they're not that bad so long as I don't have to hear 8 videos going off at different intervals in the same thread.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    I like it.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    They are gay, and obviously bringing out the faggotry in everyone that's using them.
    edited February 2011
    Mayberry wrote: »
    I like it.

You are officially the only person with a youtube sig that's made me laugh.
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    duuude wrote: »
    They are gay, and obviously bringing out the faggotry in everyone that's using them.

You can't take them away, it's my god given right to play YouTube videos in my signature.
    edited February 2011
    also, there's something just plain fucking weird about "sounds of gay sex" playing over top of a lesbian themed music video.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited February 2011
    TSAoD wrote: »
    You can't take them away, it's my god given right to play YouTube videos in my signature.

lol Currently 10 votes to 2
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    duuude wrote: »
    lol currently 10 votes to 2

I DON'T GiVE A FUCK.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited February 2011
    After the autoplay is cleaned up removing videos from sigs should be gone. Ya'll fucking up two useful features for no reason and it isn't something new either. That autoplay shit was known and exploited on Zoklet nearly 2 years ago. Just confirms my point about how people use Zoklet as an excuse to discredit this place when people carry on traditional Zoklet behavior elsewhere.
  • KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited February 2011
    Flashblock FTW!
  • edited February 2011
    Flashblock FTW!

Aye, loving Noscript right now ;)
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited February 2011
    Seeing as how our Admin has one, I don't think we have a choice.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2011
    It servers no useful purpose and it slows the site.
  • Mr.HappyMr.Happy Acolyte
    edited February 2011
    Signatures are pointless enough, but allowing embedded videos in signatures is ugly and doubly pointless.
  • edited February 2011
    It servers no useful purpose and it slows the site.
    Mr.Happy wrote: »
    Signatures are pointless enough, but allowing embedded videos in signatures is ugly and doubly pointless.

These two issues are the big ones. Nobody gives a shit if you find a video to be funny/interesting/whatever. Put it in IFIOTW if it's that important.
    fr0st_Byte wrote: »
    Seeing as how our Admin has one, I don't think we have a choice.

I cannot fucking stand that stupid video that Hellish has in his signature. It's just ugly and big and serves no purpose.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited February 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    That autoplay shit was known and exploited on Zoklet nearly 2 years ago. Just confirms my point about how people use Zoklet as an excuse to discredit this place when people carry on traditional Zoklet behavior elsewhere.

But on zoklet the signatures were abused within the first three weeks, here it took months for people to realize they could do that.

Does that mean we are more mature or are we just stupid? :hai:
  • edited February 2011
    vozhde wrote: »
    But on zoklet the signatures were abused within the first three weeks, here it took months for people to realize they could do that.

Does that mean we are more mature or are we just stupid? :hai:

Probably more mature. Why the hell would anyone want to make the place look retarded by placing a hueg Youtube video in their sig? One thing I can't stand on forums is when there are huge images/videos/userbars in everyone's sig. It's so distracting!