A shout out to all you ex patriots of TOTSE.com

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited September 2015 in Spurious Generalities
I’m looking at creating a memorial page for past totse members who’ve died.

This goes out to any ex totse.com members and even friends and families of these deceased totseans. (Basically anyone who knows shit) I could really use your help in finding out who they were and a pic would be a welcomed bonus. (But not really a necessity)

I realise many of us have chosen different paths since Jeff slammed the temple doors in our faces. I also realise some of us have issues with the other. What I was hoping for is, we could set aside our differences just for this project. Hell! You don’t need to stick around after this. It’s all good. I just need information to get this shit on its way and your help would be invaluable.

We basically know totse was made up of an online culture we’ve learned from, we embraced, made friends and met some pretty fucked up individuals. It was a society of social misfits, intellects, attention whores and even the mentally insecure. The deceased members sacrificed and gave a part of their lives for the culture we shared, and I feel like giving something back, not just for their sake but also for the memory of the temple itself.

I remember there were threads created on various forums such as totse and zoklet but this shit's now history, unless someone captured it then that would be fucking awesome. (I think there was a thread here as well Dfg but I can't find it)

Fuck all so far but here's 2 to kick shit off:

Both fucking awesome dudes.

yttr_man
yttr_man2.jpg

ArmMerchant
LwiC2iI.jpg

Comments

• Amen, a moment of silence for the fallen brethren. I will get more people involved.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    That would be fuckin awesome bro. :)
    Dfg wrote: »
    Woah! That's dated 2003 and I remember the "Pharmacist" user name. Did he create some of the text files?
    Thanks for the input Dfg. I now have enough information to find an image of the Pharmacist somewhere out there..
  • Anytime mate, I will contact other communities as well.
  • bornkiller wrote: »
    Woah! That's dated 2003 and I remember the "Pharmacist" user name. Did he create some of the text files?

Yeah he did, IIRC. I will try to track some of them down.

His most important contribution was establishing Pharmaecopia which ran as a board up until about 2007 and in terms of quality is probably up there with Bluelight as a resource for knowledge about drugs.
    Rorta wrote: »
    bornkiller wrote: »

His most important contribution was establishing Pharmaecopia which ran as a board up until about 2007 and in terms of quality is probably up there with Bluelight as a resource for knowledge about drugs.

I really appreciate the help Rorta. Thanks mang. :)

I got a shit load of PI on the Pharmacist. from date of birth to past phone numbers. Hell! I've even got every piece of info on his.family members such as his sister, mother, father and his foster father who raised him. I scored it `to source a gawdamn pic of him. But do you think I can find one? Hell No! It's almost like the sister is afraid of social media, mum, dad & his foster father are probably to old to be interested in it. & in the true totse spirit he's covered his online privacy quite well.

If anyone can image source from it, PM me. I won't post it here because I don't really wanna disrespect the families right to privacy. Even better if someone can post an pic of him.

• I've been gone for a long time, what happened to ArmsMerchant?
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    He was pretty old i think. In his 70s.
  • Wasn't there that one guy... DarthRodent or something like that or maybe DarthBeaver? He's dead isn't he? I remember he was really really old.
  • Michelle died about a couple of months ago. Heart failure, no one really knows why.
  • Wasn't there that one guy... DarthRodent or something like that or maybe DarthBeaver? He's dead isn't he? I remember he was really really old.

TDR is alive :)
    Cegstar wrote: »
    I've been gone for a long time, what happened to ArmsMerchant?
    Apparently when totse closed the doors he felt empty and when zoklet gave him a glimmer of hope zok slammed the door in his face as well. I guess it was just to much. :(
    Wasn't there that one guy... DarthRodent or something like that or maybe DarthBeaver? He's dead isn't he? I remember he was really really old.
    Hardly, That old dudes a member of the roach family. When mankind eventually meets their demise that duderoach will still be crawlin around. :D
    Prometheus wrote: »
    Michelle died about a couple of months ago. Heart failure, no one really knows why.
    Ya it wasn't that long ago because there were a couple of posts here about it somewhere as well.
    Wasn't there that one guy... DarthRodent or something like that or maybe DarthBeaver? He's dead isn't he? I remember he was really really old.
    Ya! It was his boner that died a long time ago. Anyways, that's what his mother said. :D
    Cegstar wrote: »
    I've been gone for a long time, what happened to ArmsMerchant?
    Apparently when totse closed the doors he felt empty and when zoklet gave him a glimmer of hope zok slammed the door in his face as well. I guess it was just to much. :(
    Hardly, That old dudes a member of the roach family. When mankind eventually meets their demise that duderoach will still be crawlin around. :D
    Michelle died about a couple of months ago. Heart failure, no one really knows why.
    Ya it wasn't that long ago because there were a couple of posts here about it somewhere as well.
    Ya! It was his boner that died a long time ago. Anyways, that's what his mother said. :D
    Upvotes, and Likes and shares this post.
    Rorta wrote: »

Hmmm .... His dad was a doctor, I wonder if that had anything to do with his knowledge.

After a little digging I discovered his name is actually called "Doug". (heh, big change from the one he shared on the BBs, huh?) & outta respect for the old coot I won't share his last name, but I will share this because I know he's already leaked it online.
    He's proclaimed to be an ordained ULC minister and Native American shaman and if anyone really knew Arms(Greyfox) he was usually a pretty straight up sorta dude. So I doubt he would'a been lying about it. I guess this explains why some of his comments were like cryptic proverbs from an indian bible.

• edited September 2015
    Thanks for doing this.
    Psykadelic wrote: »
    Thanks for doing this.
    All good mang. :)
    I could do with a better list though. :( There were threads on zoklet and totse that covered this but they're both fucked now. There were also a few names on the list as well but my lifestyle choices has fucked up my remember. :(
    I'll just have to keep searching. :(

• Can someone explain what all went down with the temple since I last remember using it about 98?
  • Gen_Why wrote: »
    Can someone explain what all went down with the temple since I last remember using it about 98?

Oh shit very long story.

Totse 2005-2009 [Got worse each year, no innovation, lost to new websites, became a niche market, got overtaken by trolls and the management were tired]

Zoklet 2009-2015 [ Became a refugee for Totse users, lost a lot of good users, become a cesspoll of hate and idiocy]

Totse 2 2010-2015 [Went through incarnations, didn't really get off, community went up and down. Still has some users but they're dispersed on different communities, totse2 exists no more]

Totse.info -> Totseans.com [Launched in 2011 by Hell (forgot his name), was supposed to be the next totse, after months of effort and recruiting it was off to a good start, lack of foresight and community discipline took it down, people don't want to change or compete. Totse.info was then broken down and totsean.com was created. Lost majority of the users but the core team stayed, following the legacy of Totse and focusing on a well trusted community that is a positive influence in their lives]

And there other small communities but overall, totseans.com is the last surviving one.
    Didn't T2 have some PI leak or something.

RDFRN, his PI got leaked, he should it down.

Then we have intosantuary which had the same issue.

All other clones have PI, CP etc problems and DDoS.
    RDFRN, his PI got leaked, he should it down.
    Aww. Was that Idio?

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    yeah. He was a good guy.
    yeah. He was a good guy.
    Agree, I rather liked Idio.

• Well, he is still around if you need to talk to him.
    Well, he is still around if you need to talk to him.
    I think I'm more interested these days in finding dead totseans rather than live ones. At least the dead ones don't mind you going through their PI for the sake of remembering the temple.

Oh yah! Isn't he rollin under a different handle now after his PI was leaked? :(

Well, he is still around if you need to talk to him.
    I think I'm more interested these days in finding dead totseans rather than live ones. At least the dead ones don't mind you going through their PI for the sake of remembering the temple.

Oh yah! Isn't he rollin under a different handle now after his PI was leaked? :(

The dead ones don't complain. Dunno about the new handle, he is derping in intosantuary.

• Mark311xtc, ex-zoklet mod died a little while ago. You may add him to the list.

http://www.davidhenneyfuneralhome.com/notices/Mark-Cooper
    29 years old? how'd he die?

Was that his username on totse? If he wasn't an original totse member I'll still add him just because zoklet was basically made up of jeffs rejects.

Was that his username on totse? If he wasn't an original totse member I'll still add him just because zoklet was basically made up of jeffs rejects.

He wasn't on totse to my knowledge, but he died of an accidental overdose unfortunately.

He wasn't on totse to my knowledge, but he died of an accidental overdose unfortunately.
    I'll add him later and 5char for the pic link. ;-)

• SatyrSatyr Semo-Regulars
    Wowowoow, hold on. Greyfox/Arms is dead?!
  • Bk you can use main page for this, pm me if you need login details.
    edited October 2015
    Satyr wrote: »
    Yah! Apparently so. Pity, because I rather liked that alaskan hippy :-(
    Bk you can use main page for this, pm me if you need login details.
    I was gonna hit you up on that idea, but I'm still researching who else there is on the list.

I'll accept that offer bro....5char

Satyr wrote: »
    Yah! Apparently so. Pity, because I rather liked that alaskan hippy :-(
    Bk you can use main page for this, pm me if you need login details.
    I was gonna hit you up on that idea, but I'm still researching who else there is on the list.

I'll accept that offer bro....5char
    yay :)
  • One time on Zoklet, Greyfox said he would send a card and something from Alaska to whoever PMed their address

http://imgur.com/a/sKqT0
  • Jack wrote: »
    One time on Zoklet, Greyfox said he would send a card and something from Alaska to whoever PMed their address

RIP Greyfox :(
    Jack wrote: »
    One time on Zoklet, Greyfox said he would send a card and something from Alaska to whoever PMed their address

Lol! That would mean every admin & mod could access his PM's and get that info. ......

I would say RIP but I wouldn't mean it because once your fucked you're fucked . Will miss reading his hippy ramblings on his blog.....Come to think of it! I think his partner has stopped posting on her blog as well. :(

• REBxVoDKaREBxVoDKa Semo-Regulars
    Wait, hang on, Arms is dead? Are you sure? These rumors have been spread before, mostly because he's old, but I don't think he's dead yet. I mean, he had trouble finding his way over to RDFRN, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know we post on niggasin.space now.

PS: what's his blog URL?
    REBxVoDKa wrote: »
    Wait, hang on, Arms is dead? Are you sure? These rumors have been spread before, mostly because he's old, but I don't think he's dead yet. I mean, he had trouble finding his way over to RDFRN, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know we post on niggasin.space now.

PS: what's his blog URL?
    His blog is under the name "ArmsMerchant" if you wanna search for it. I'll post the url but his PI is on my own computer & I'm not home at the moment. (Haven't been for a while.) :(

Oh ya! Sorry about the retarded response. (Almost a month replying to this!!)
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    never posted my face but i think of totse and zok when i fall asleep
  • Oh man, I wasn't going to post until I saw ArmMerchant and heard about his death. That man had some wisdom to share. Man I miss the temple! I was on since it said Read. Know. Do.
    No problem, bk! I found his blog lol.. last update was from 2012.

But I still don't believe he's dead. Anyone got proof? An obituary? Until then, I'm not buying it.
    REBxVoDKa wrote: »
    No problem, bk! I found his blog lol.. last update was from 2012.

But I still don't believe he's dead. Anyone got proof? An obituary? Until then, I'm not buying it.
    Did you find his partners blog? I think her name was Kath, or sumtn like that.

Oh yah can you post us the link bro? All the info was on my desktop computer and I've pulled it apart for a rebuild.

Churz
    Yeah, I found his wife's blog as well, the last thing she posted was in 2013. But, what is funny to see, is that she's got like... four times the amount of entries per month that Arms has.

Here's the link (to Arms', you can find his wife's through his): http://www.armsmerchant.xanga.com
    For some reason, if you click on that link, it redirects you to the main page. Just write it yourself and you'll be on his page. I really like his entries. Wish he would post more often.