I'm moving into a homeless shelter

2»

Comments

• BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited June 2011
    lol, all that said and yet America is still in First place Bitches!

Keep crying harder about our issues, We have oil to steal.

:)
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited June 2011
    I think your best bet would be to GTFO out of New York. The city is a fucked up place. If I was living there, I'd honestly help you out, but unfortunately that's not the case. You also might want to make up with your mother. I remember you guys having a falling out a couple of months ago, but you might actually die. (Like for real die.) I rather have to deal with shit than live on the street.
  • ChupaloChupalo Regular
    edited June 2011
    I've very sympatheitc to your situation Box

but you Americans put yourself in this situation, not specifically you Box, but the country as a whole.

Over the years you've eroded and abolished all your social welfare programs under the misbelief that 'small government' equates to 'more wealth' but it's only benefited the wealthy, somehow they've managed to convince you that it's good for everyone.

The corprate and business world said less taxes means more jobs and then they move entire factories and officed to China/India. Now that Corprate entities can donate whatever they want to politicians it's not going to get better.

Your unions are under attack, politicians are playing games with medicare, your educational institues are starting to be divided into "places rich people go" and "others".

right-wing America is getting more idiotic and increasingly radical. There was a time when the Republicans (et al) stood for Libertarian policies now they are just whores to the elite.
    The biggest future threat to America is going to be internal right-wing radical groups who will harbour the misguided sympathies of the disenfranchised (like Box) who they themselves helped put there.

SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC POST

We have more entitlement programs and more people taking advantage of them than ever before.

Our corrupt politicians are the ones who ALLOW companies to move their factories offshore, because they need to keep those campaign contributions coming in. A single-term rule would change a lot of things. The whole concept of a "career politician" would cease to exist. The people attracted to power (current politicians) wouldn't bother running for office anymore - they'd just go into the private sector. Instead, you would have a new breed of individuals running for office who actually want to work for the people.

Unions are a great idea until they get so powerful that they literally control the local, state, and Federal government (kind of like now). You have a 2-3% unemployment rate in the public sector, and a REAL unemployment rate of 20%+ in the private sector. All the while, our government STILL lets the rich get richer, while the poor get the picture.

Yes, the people who idolize Rush Limbaugh are just feeding their master, but those who dream of a utopia are just clinically insane. The Federal government needs to be drastically shrunk (by about 95%), and the power it has needs to be turned over to the individual states. If the states no longer have power, why bother having states at all?

Anyone with any knowledge of the Constitution and other early writings knows that the Founding Fathers specifically outlined what the Federal government CAN do. If it's not on the list, they can't do it. This is why you have the asinine over-interpretation of the interstate commerce clause.

That said, I hope you make it out of your situation, Box. Your first step needs to be getting out of NYC. That place is an absolute sewer. Spend your time online looking for regions that have jobs (Texas, etc), and hitch there. Don't waste it on Totse until you get your shit together.

If your friend put his GF before you, he's not a real friend. You'll soon learn who your true friends are...
  • gingerkidgingerkid Acolyte
    edited June 2011
    walk across the country. leave New York that place is a cesspool, or better yet pull a forest gump and jog.