Important life tips thread (no tip no post)

2»

Comments

• PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    53. Duct tape.
    54. WD-40.
    55. The above two.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    56. ^ Ductape gets rid of warts

57. Slow cooker/crock pots are fucking awesome. Save heaps of time and you can use less than premium cuts of meat and it will turn out fucking good.
  • Habaner0Habaner0 Regular
    edited July 2010
    58. 99 problems but a bitch ain't one
  • Fuck the FBIFuck the FBI Regular
    edited July 2010
    59. Practice hygiene . Staph infections hurt
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    60. Trim your pubes. It's like your own little lawn, and you do have to mow the grass every now and then.
  • superspeedzsuperspeedz Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    61. Baby wipes, you will never go back to TP
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    62. Always ask what kind of fish it is. Eating Escolar will have you shitting oil the next day.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    63. Wipe until you see a ghost
  • NumberjumboNumberjumbo Regular
    edited July 2010
    65. Buying weed in ounces is way better than buying it in grams. You look like a fucking boss.
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    66. if you have to enter a word on captcha, you can enter the largest only.
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited July 2010
    67. The anus is deceptively close to the vagina.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited July 2010
    68. Never EVER wipe before you poop. It always ends bad
  • A Pimp Named SlickbackA Pimp Named Slickback Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    69. If you've got a stuck zipper, rub the tip of a no. 2 on the teeth to fix it.
    70. If the ends of your shoe laces are frayed, twist the ends and dip them into clear nail polish and leave them to dry.
    71. Rub the inside of a banana peel on a shoe to get rid of scuffs.
    72. Shave with the grain, shaving against it will give you ingrown hair.
    73. Always buys shoes in the afternoon.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    72. Shave with the grain, shaving against it will give you ingrown hair.

I've heard that you shave with the grain first, and then against the grain second. Thoughts?

74. Don't buy a car on a cloudy day.
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited July 2010
    75. Pens are an excellent and practical self defense weapon. Never hurts to keep one on you. Plus, its never conspicuous.

76. When you punch turn on the balls of your feet (weight off the heels, like when you tip toe). Heels up. Your heels should go in the direction of your shoulder. Same goes for hips and shoulder. This is basic boxing technique that nobody ever tells you is essential for form and power but is second nature to natural fighters.

77. When stomping someone, the power comes not so much from your force coming down, but is mainly amplified by how high you lift your knee up before the stomp. However, avoid practicing this full force on concrete unless you like your knee fucked up.

78. If you're playing Dungeons and Dragons, just make it your main goal to work together with everyone. Makes it a lot more fun than just fucking with people or doing stupid shit for no reason.

79. For a fever, fuck the unnatural bullshit the pharmaceutical corporations stuff down your throat.

This is what you need. As long as your fever isn't crippling (over 102) then you can try my home-brew method.

You'll need:

A shot glass
    Spoon
    shots of rum
    honey
    lemon

Make two-four servings, mixing all ingredients. Take as shots. Relax your body and allow it to digest. Be hydrated beforehand and do something relaxing for the next half hour.

Following this get your covers, blankets, and sweaters proceeding to wrap yourself up. Shirt and comfy shorts under sweat pants and sweat shirt under a comforter or thick blanket is perfect. Make sure you are warm and ready to beat the fuck out of this virus.

Cover yourself up, be aware of how you feel, and sleep for at least 8 hours, the less you need to do shit or worry about shit in the morning the better. The reason this method is fucking kickass is because it forces your body to fight as your fever rises and quickly kills the virus as your entire body is putting its effort singularly into fighting.

You'll be right as rain. Continue with vitamin c, protein, and hydration.
  • megamanmegaman Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    80. Buying stuff cheap from craigslist and selling it slightly below average on ebay can be a good way to earn money.

81. When going to the gym if you want to use the bench press and you're not built start off and a machine so you don't embarrass you're self barely lifting the bar and you use the proper form also always use a spotter if you can.

82. If people are lying they tend to not use contractions such as saying do not instead of don't.
  • A Pimp Named SlickbackA Pimp Named Slickback Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    I've heard that you shave with the grain first, and then against the grain second. Thoughts?

74. Don't buy a car on a cloudy day.

IDK, it seems like it would defeat the whole purpose of shaving with the grain. Unless you shaved with the grain right after. I don't really have a lot of facial hair so I usually just shave every other day.

83. Scrape a plastic spoon on your throat and then smell it to check if you have bad breath.

84. When pouring soda, tilt the glass and let the soda hit the side of the glass to avoid getting foam.
  • edited July 2010
    IDK, it seems like it would defeat the whole purpose of shaving with the grain. Unless you shaved with the grain right after. I don't really have a lot of facial hair so I usually just shave every other day. .

85.)Go with, then against for the smoothest shave. ;)

86.) Clenching your thumb in your fist with one hand while looking at it will relive your gag reflex. Salt will also do the same.
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited July 2010
    86. You like a girl? Ignore her. In fact, ignore all women most of the time and just focus on projecting your confidence, spontaneity, and self assurance.

87. Don't hesitate with women. Sometimes an on-the-surface moment will come to where the answer to the question "would she like it if I jumped her right now?" wont be "no". Don't miss those opportunities.
  • edited July 2010
    88. You will not pass go. You will not collect $200. :(
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited July 2010
    89. Smoke weed. Everyday.
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    90. When it seems like every time you take one step forward, you take two steps back, reevaluate your decisions. Trust me, I keep making the same ones over. and over. and over.
  • edited July 2010
    91. Project strength to avoid conflict.

92. Happy endings are unfinished stories.

93. The best thing to prove is that you have nothing to prove.

94. The loudest person in the room is the weakest person in the room.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited November 2010
    life-hacks.jpg
    . . .and Bump
  • WANWAN Regular
    edited November 2010
    Greenbull wrote: »

9. Turn a sandwhich upside down and it will taste different (have a few bites first).

really? i gotta try this. if it doesnt work i am burning your house down
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited November 2010
    It works.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited November 2010
    Google the problem before taking your PC to a technician.
  • edited November 2010
    MOLLE straps will fit on an ALICE ruck
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited November 2010
    If you know less about the thing you're buying than the salesman, you're going to get screwed.

Along the lines of that same one: become friends with a matress salesman. They can sell you an amazingly good bed + matress for a couple hundred or a piece of shit bed with a piece of shit matress which won't last a year for $2000. It all depends on what's inside of the matress, and there's no way to tell without looking at the spec sheets - which you won't find anywhere.
  • edited December 2010
    100: The internet is an amazing source of knowledge and information. It's more than likely to hold the answer to all of your questions, and is an extremely good way to learn.

I figured this thread needed a bump, it was awesome.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2010
    101. Do psychedelics at least once in your life. Of course, excluding all those with mental illnesses (hurr), but just try to open your 3rd eye at least once in your life. Have some trusted mates (or mate), a good day set aside and turn your phone off. Go.

102. Who cares if you don't go to College? Only you do, truly.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited April 2011
    103 + Bump. Talc powder makes a good emergency shampoo. Just put some in your hands, spread it evenly and brush/use your hands to spread it round your hair. It won't clump up but keep rubbing to avoid leaving a bit white patch. Voila! Less greasy hair that will tide you over for a few hours.

104. Sink wash and a cold shower spray are the best ways to wash clothes at University and save money for a quick fix. Will take a while to dry though.

105. Always have a sugary drink before a blood test (or injection, if like me you are prone to low blood pressure) as it will keep you able to stand for a few minutes after.

106. It's possible to get maps of sewers, storm drains, abandoned buildings etc from your Local Authority. Just be confident and leave it a bit before you put the maps/locations to use. It pays off ;)
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    107. never Do coke with a skinny straw.

108. never trust your drug dealer no matter who they are.

109. When buying whores make sure she has nice teeth.

110. when you cheat on your GF, post in S&A with details.

111. never believe anything You say.
  • edited April 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    105. Always have a sugary drink before a blood test (or injection, if like me you are prone to low blood pressure) as it will keep you able to stand for a few minutes after.

Only caution here is that some blood tests require fasting beforehand, but theyll tell you so no worries.

112: Don't brush your teeth immediately after a meal... Recent studies have shown the enamel in your teeth gets softened by the acidity of some foods... And brushing afterwards will actively wear down your teeth; interestingly someone I work with's step-father had false teeth from a young age because he compulsively brushed.