-Spectral For Mod of Bad Ideas

Comments

• -SpectraL-SpectraL Will Faggert
    edited January 2011
    ...Serious, you mean like the same style of bitching and tearing everything down without ever suggesting positive changes or making any contribution towards anyting positive? ...
    Wait, wut? According to the posting history, DaGuru has brought forward a number of valid observations and suggestions. Are you sure you're not just cherry-picking DaGuru's posts because you don't like what he has to contribute to the discussion of the issues? Because if that's the case, it's simply a variation of the "shoot-the-messenger" gambit we're all quite familiar with.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2011
    -SpectraL wrote: »
    Wait, wut? According to the posting history, DaGuru has brought forward a number of valid observations and suggestions. Are you sure you're not just cherry-picking DaGuru's posts because you don't like what he has to contribute to the discussion of the issues? Because if that's the case, it's simply a variation of the "shoot-the-messenger" gambit we're all quite familiar with.

No, no I am pretty sure all I am saying is what I said.
    edited January 2011
    No, no I am pretty sure all I am saying is what I said.
    Just wondering... because you seem to be focusing more on his image than what he has to say. But then again, just a short time ago you were championing dialogue and rational discussion, which seems kind of at odds with what you are doing here in this thread.
  • edited January 2011
    Move this thread to half baked because clearly Speck, Rodent, and Guru aren't operating on all 4 of their cylinders.
    edited January 2011
    Just wondering... because you seem to be focusing more on his image than what he has to say. But then again, just a short time ago you were championing dialogue and rational discussion, which seems kind of at odds with what you are doing here in this thread.

LOL OK Spec

Go ahead and twist this however you want...

Everyone can still see the reality of this...
    edited January 2011
    LOL OK Spec

Go ahead and twist this however you want...

Everyone can still see the reality of this...
    I'd just like us all to get along. That's all I want. An open mind, an open heart, and an open disposition. Really, that's all I ask for, and I'll be just as happy as the next guy.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    Move this thread to half baked because clearly Speck, Rodent, and Guru aren't operating on all 4 of their cylinders.
    Come on FATTY be fair about this now, This is a community of open discussion. I'm interested in where this thread is going. Some fine points have been bought up. Let them have their say.
  • edited January 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Come on FATTY be fair about this now, This is a community of open discussion. I'm interested in where this thread is going. Some fine points have been bought up. Let them have their say.

Fine, then I can start a thousand threads in SG about how Pakistanis have the smallest average penis size. Since we're relaxing the rules for the three stooges, how about for a member with a long history of actually contributing to the website instead of jockeying for "power" and e-penis inches.
    edited January 2011
    Another thing I wanted to comment on was this business of "well the community already decided this in advance", and the "we can't do that... it says so in the Book". How in hell does that represent the wishes of the newcomers and other interested ones? How does that kind of mentality fit in with them? It's all well and fine to say, "1+1 is 2, therefore 1+1 is always two", but a community isn't always based on whole numbers. The numbers, the demographics, the opinions, the viewpoints... they're always in a state of constant flux, and using a baseline of yesterday as a blueprint for tomorrow's future is merely folly at its finest. A good community... no a GREAT community... learns to adapt, knows when to hold 'em, knows when to fold 'em, knows when to walk away... it takes each situation in a new light, examines the associated factors and elements, and takes decisive action based on the present... not based on the past. The past is the past is the past. As new elements present themselves, the hive mind of the community must turn it over this way and that, examining its unique features, criticizing its unique flaws, discarding what is bad and collecting what is good. Once we get into the dogma and empty rituals of bureaucratic red tape, we cross the line of common sense, and we move into the dangerous territory of personal agenda, and we move farther away from the welfare of community as a whole.
  • edited January 2011
    Another thing I wanted to comment on was this business of "well the community already decided this in advance", and the "we can't do that... it says so in the Book". How in hell does that represent the wishes of the newcomers and other interested ones? How does that kind of mentality fit in with them? It's all well and fine to say, "1+1 is 2, therefore 1+1 is always two", but a community isn't always based on whole numbers. The numbers, the demographics, the opinions, the viewpoints... they're always in a state of constant flux, and using a baseline of yesterday as a blueprint for tomorrow's future is merely folly at its finest. A good community... no a GREAT community... learns to adapt, knows when to hold 'em, knows when to fold 'em, knows when to walk away... it takes each situation in a new light, examines the associated factors and elements, and takes decisive action based on the present... not based on the past. The past is the past is the past. As new elements present themselves, the hive mind of the community must turn it over this way and that, examining its unique features, criticizing its unique flaws, discarding what is bad and collecting what is good. Once we get into the dogma and empty rituals of bureaucratic red tape, we cross the line of common sense, and we move into the dangerous territory of personal agenda, and we move farther away from the welfare of community as a whole.

If we "discard what is bad and collect what is good" your ass would be banned and I'd be allowed to make dupe accounts.
  • edited January 2011

Rodent ain't here for facts or reason any more.....his bruised ego with demented emotional rhetoric has consumed him to the point he is on auto-pilot in a death spiral.

He can't even comment on the posts that are said, instead he just goes off on half-cocked tirades....because the real discussion/issues about all of this are completely lost on him. And then the silly simpleton claims OTHER people are trying to twist things.

Witness this fool's response.....
    The same attitudes, well you certainly have that department covered because yours has not changed one iota. This place is so far from the way Zoklet is run I can't begin to fathom a reasonable discussion with someone who is deluded enough to compare the two.

He is prattling on about something I never said. My REAL response was to Vizier in regard to the..."dude man, just chill...why so serious" mantra him and many others want to spew. But OF COURSE Rodent took those words completely out of context, and are attributing those words to me making commentary about how this place is run.....completely irrelevant to the meaning and target of what my real point was. :thumbsdown:

Really Spectral....you expect some get-a-long gang atmosphere with such a liar and manipulator sitting round the campfire? You ARE an optimist, ain't ya? :confused:
    edited January 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    ...But OF COURSE Rodent took those words completely out of context, and are attributing those words to me making commentary about how this place is run.....completely irrelevant to the meaning and target of what my real point was. :thumbsdown: ...
    I got the context when originally reading the post; I knew you meant the old duck&dive trusty standby of "why so srs?", as opposed to a dig on the administration or policy. Yep... pretty amazing that people are still throwing up those up those old duck&dive standbys like, "You MAD??", and "don't like it then leave!", and the old trusty, "you bitch a lot!". You'd think people would get just as sick of all the duck&diving and finally face the facts, instead of responding like automatons with the same broken-record song-and-dance time after time after time. Fuck... is it SO HARD to simply answer a guy's simple questions and shut the fuck up? Guess so!
    edited January 2011
    If we "discard what is bad and collect what is good" your ass would be banned and I'd be allowed to make dupe accounts.
    The dupe accounts that were created to fix the votes in this thread poll were a misunderstanding. Spec explained that he didn't create them, it was obviously a supporter of Spectral who never meant to discredit Spectrals name but got "OH SNNNNAPPED" So perhaps Spectral may turn over a new leaf & assist this forum in moving forward...Would you agree with me on this.
    edited January 2011
    The dupe accounts that were created to fix the votes in this thread poll were a misunderstanding. Spec explained that he didn't create them, it was obviously a supporter of Spectral who never meant to discredit Spectrals name but got "OH SNNNNAPPED" So perhaps Spectral may turn over a new leaf & assist this forum in moving forward...Would you agree with me on this.
    I'm not following you. Are you saying you have confirmation someone fixed the poll?
    edited January 2011
    Rodent ain't here for facts or reason any more.....his bruised ego with demented emotional rhetoric has consumed him to the point he is on auto-pilot in a death spiral.

He can't even comment on the posts that are said, instead he just goes off on half-cocked tirades....because the real discussion/issues about all of this are completely lost on him. And then the silly simpleton claims OTHER people are trying to twist things.

Witness this fool's response.....

He is prattling on about something I never said. My REAL response was to Vizier in regard to the..."dude man, just chill...why so serious" mantra him and many others want to spew. But OF COURSE Rodent took those words completely out of context, and are attributing those words to me making commentary about how this place is run.....completely irrelevant to the meaning and target of what my real point was. :thumbsdown:

Really Spectral....you expect some get-a-long gang atmosphere with such a liar and manipulator sitting round the campfire? You ARE an optimist, ain't ya? :confused:
    I got the context when originally reading the post; I knew you meant the old duck&dive trusty standby of "why so srs?", as opposed to a dig on the administration or policy. Yep... pretty amazing that people are still throwing up those up those old duck&dive standbys like, "You MAD??", and "don't like it then leave!", and the old trusty, "you bitch a lot!". You'd think people would get just as sick of all the duck&diving and finally face the facts, instead of responding like automatons with the same broken-record song-and-dance time after time after time. Fuck... is it SO HARD to simply answer a guy's simple questions and shut the fuck up? Guess so!

Maybe people respond the same because it is the same old song and dance of name calling and ad hominem rhetoric that DaGuru has been spewing for over a year.
  • edited January 2011
    You said it best above Spectral....they ain't even reading the words at this point, just going with the "image" of what they think I am. Hell, I haven't even "bitched" about Totse once in this thread. I've just mades these points....

-Yeah, I agree Spectral should be modded.
    -Spectral never asked to be modded.
    -If Totse really "wants" Spectral to be a mod here, its my opinion they are going about it the wrong way.

Yet you got a parade of peons whining about how its the "same ole bitching DaGuru" when there ain't not bitching in the least, and yet again all I'm doing is putting my text/opinion on the screen just like everyone else. :cool:

Before anyone ever asks/suggest that I be modded in the future.....I respectfully decline. Because I don't think the thread discussing THAT possibility could ever handle any discourse, because if this thread is any indication how much psychotic butthurt that exists because of my mere presence here, then probably 1/2 the userbase would e-cult-suicide at the mere mention of giving me a staff position. ;)
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Threads needs more EL OH EL
    edited January 2011
    I'm not following you. Are you saying you have confirmation someone fixed the poll?
    You posted your innocents in this thread that you never created multiple accounts which voted on the poll. You know! the accounts Dfg showed previously in this thread. Obviously it was someone else. Therefore you needn't let it bother you Spec. All I'm doing is trying to view your ideas from....well....your perspective. I can see the cons in it but perhaps I'm so blinded by them I may be missing out on the pros.
    Please carry on. :thumbsup:
  • edited January 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    Threads needs more EL OH EL

They are only reserved for an extra special level of stupidity/ignorance/drooling babble.

It seemed so prevalent off my keyboard at the other place because, well......

:facepalm:
    edited January 2011
    You said it best above Spectral....they ain't even reading the words at this point, just going with the "image" of what they think I am. Hell, I haven't even "bitched" about Totse once in this thread. I've just mades these points....

-Yeah, I agree Spectral should be modded.
    -Spectral never asked to be modded.
    -If Totse really "wants" Spectral to be a mod here, its my opinion they are going about it the wrong way.

Yet you got a parade of peons whining about how its the "same ole bitching DaGuru" when there ain't not bitching in the least, and yet again all I'm doing is putting my text/opinion on the screen just like everyone else. :cool:

Before anyone ever asks/suggest that I be modded in the future.....I respectfully decline. Because I don't think the thread discussing THAT possibility could ever handle any discourse, because if this thread is any indication how much psychotic butthurt that exists because of my mere presence here, then probably 1/2 the userbase would e-cult-suicide at the mere mention of giving me a staff position. ;)
    Well I personally think you would make an extremely fine mod of a number of discussion forums. I think why a lot of feathers get ruffled is because we seem to insert a lot of... errrrr... colorful personal insults into our posts, and that's bound to turn someone off. It's something I definitely have to work on, and I've noticed it in your posts as well. Sometimes we're going along on a thought and the word "buffoon" just suddenly pops into our thoughts, so of course we go ahead and write what we're thinking.. open mind.. open discourse... blah, blah, blah. But we can't really expect everyone to have skins as thick as ours. Where we could stand smiling under a physical assault of insults and ridicule from a great mass of inbred minions, others get a little squeamish when the blood starts to flow... and I mean people just reading the stuff... not even the targets of such vile terminology. You know what? We might just be too mean! I mean, hey! There's too nice, and then there's too mean, right? Somehow we have to get a proper balance going here, and not lean so much on accuracy as much as lean on a sense of comradery as we stumble on toward a better future (if AT ALL possible).
  • edited January 2011
    Are you two going to stop 69ing each other or what?
    edited January 2011
    Who are you again??
  • edited January 2011
    Who are you again??

Your worst nightmare

besides this of course
    152nzbr.jpg
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    They are only reserved for an extra special level of stupidity/ignorance/drooling babble.

It seemed so prevalent off my keyboard at the other place because, well......

:facepalm:

Well, I definetely gotta agree with that.
    edited January 2011
    Your worst nightmare

besides this of course
    152nzbr.jpg

Reveal yourself! The power of the Christ compels you! The power of the Christ compels you!!

*sprinkles holy water on quote*
  • edited January 2011
    You know what? We might just be too mean! I mean, hey! There's too nice, and then there's too mean, right?

B-B-B-B-But what-what-what about "freedom of speech"? :confused:

I guess there is such a thing as "too much" of it then, huh? :p

Just like 4-chan memes on the other end of the spectrum, if we wield these words too efficiently/effortlessly.....then we are the bad guys? :fap:
    edited January 2011
    edited January 2011
    Well I personally think you would make an extremely fine mod of a number of discussion forums. I think why a lot of feathers get ruffled is because we seem to insert a lot of... errrrr... colorful personal insults into our posts, and that's bound to turn someone off. It's something I definitely have to work on, and I've noticed it in your posts as well. Sometimes we're going along on a thought and the word "buffoon" just suddenly pops into our thoughts, so of course we go ahead and write what we're thinking.. open mind.. open discourse... blah, blah, blah. But we can't really expect everyone to have skins as thick as ours. Where we could stand smiling under a physical assault of insults and ridicule from a great mass of inbred minions, others get a little squeamish when the blood starts to flow... and I mean people just reading the stuff... not even the targets of such vile terminology. You know what? We might just be too mean! I mean, hey! There's too nice, and then there's too mean, right? Somehow we have to get a proper balance going here, and not lean so much on accuracy as much as lean on a sense of comradery as we stumble on toward a better future (if AT ALL possible).
    I've never been the sort to take a back seat to personal attacks, but you know that now. I guess our skins are of similar texture. totse thing...meh I don't know.
    So is there some sort of way to channel your aggression towards perhaps content than your so called "inbred minions" of totse.info. You may be quite surprised how much positive support you would get from this community if you showed a little control.
  • edited January 2011
    B-B-B-B-But what-what-what about "freedom of speech"? :confused:

I guess there is such a thing as "too much" of it then, huh? :p

Just like 4-chan memes on the other end of the spectrum, if we wield these words too efficiently/effortlessly.....then we are the bad guys? :fap:

Kind of ironic to see the guy constantly sucking off the guy who wants to ban anyone at the drop of a hat pretend to support ""freedom of speech"? :confused:"
  • edited January 2011

Why do you so desperately want to moderate a forum filled with "inbred minions"?
  • edited January 2011

Spectral's discourse is so dicey, he ran Chuck Norris off the netz somewhere in the later 90's....and it took the dude almost a decade to come crawling back under a sock account of some rodent guy. :p
    edited January 2011
    Kind of ironic to see the guy constantly sucking off the guy who wants to ban anyone at the drop of a hat pretend to support ""freedom of speech"? :confused:"
    We don wan ban evrabdy... just da spamrz! ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Spectral's discourse is so dicey, he ran Chuck Norris off the netz somewhere in the later 90's....and it took the dude almost a decade to come crawling back under a sock account of some rodent guy. :p

Holy fuck, a Chuck Norris joke! You really are on the cutting edge of shit that never was funny to begin with.
    edited January 2011
    Why do you so desperately want to moderate a forum filled with "inbred minions"?
    Hey, if your two front teeth are not sticking out over your bottom lip, you're good... don't worry about it, OK?

oh, wait...
  • edited January 2011
    Hey, if your two front teeth are not sticking out over your bottom lip, you're good... don't worry about it, OK?

oh, wait...

Bet that overbite feels damn great when Guru is puffing your peter
  • edited January 2011
    Holy fuck, a Chuck Norris joke! You really are on the cutting edge of shit that never was funny to begin with.

Wasn't a joke man, I'm dead serious. Didn't ya read the wisdom from the guy a few posts above?

Supposedly I have NO sense of humor about anything.....so of course if you are gonna take HIS word........

ELL
    OH
    FUCKIN
    ELL :cool:
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited January 2011
    Spectral punches grizzly bears into submission.
  • edited January 2011
    Vizier wrote: »
    Spectral punches grizzly bears into submission.

You'd think someone that :mad::angry:tuff:angry::mad: would know better than to let himself get trolled up and down the block... but nope.
    edited January 2011
    We don wan ban evrabdy... just da spamrz! ;)
    Perhaps tell the "inbred minions" what you classify as spam.
    How do you feel about one post responses?
    Give us a list of what you would consider a banable offense. Help us understand what you wish to achieve here. ;)
    edited January 2011
    Perhaps tell the "inbred minions" what you classify as spam.
    How do you feel about one post responses?
    Give us a list of what you would consider a banable offense. Help us understand what you wish to achieve here. ;)
    When I said "inbred minions" I was not specifically referring to the Totse clan, but rather the endless hoards of brainless twits we encounter as a regular part of our everyday encounters. I just meant that we've been able to weather the storm all these years rather well, but others seem to have a very difficult time with it.

IMO, one-word replies/standalone graphics are a regular part of everyday expression, and should be allowed. However, when a pattern develops, and the only thing that member is doing is posting one-word replies and standalone graphics in some feeble effort to communicate, then it's time to let that member know that this is a discussion forum, so if they cannot contain their bullshit to Half Baked, then we will be only too happy to kick their ass in for them. Often spammers don't even know what's good for them, so it takes somebody who does to set them on the straight and narrow.
    edited January 2011
    When I said "inbred minions" I was not specifically referring to the Totse clan, but rather the endless hoards of brainless twits we encounter as a regular part of our everyday encounters. I just meant that we've been able to weather the storm all these years rather well, but others seem to have a very difficult time with it.

IMO, one-word replies/standalone graphics are a regular part of everyday expression, and should be allowed. However, when a pattern develops, and the only thing that member is doing is posting one-word replies and standalone graphics in some feeble effort to communicate, then it's time to let that member know that this is a discussion forum, so if they cannot contain their bullshit to Half Baked, then we will be only too happy to kick their ass in for them. Often spammers don't even know what's good for them, so it takes somebody who does to set them on the straight and narrow.
    My bad on the "inbred minions" simple misunderstanding.
    So bullying and intimidation over discussion and reasoning is the solution. Yah? :confused:
    edited January 2011
    ...So bullying and intimidation over discussion and reasoning is the solution. Yah? :confused:
    Unfortunately, yes. And that's because the frank reality of the situation, no matter how badly we want it not to be so, is that the majority of community defacers are solely intent on ruining the forums by one-word-replies and standalone graphics all over it, and they don't care about bans, and they don't care about changing their ways, and they don't care about second chances. They are going to keep right on going until they are banned anyways, and dicking around with them is simply a complete waste of time and energy.
  • edited January 2011
    Spectral.....I gotta love how your "inbred minions" comment fulfilled your very own prophecy in that very post, look how much of a big, bad meanie you really are deep down. Ohhhhh the horror!!!! :D
    So bullying and intimidation over discussion and reasoning is the solution. Yah? :confused:

Killer seriously.....would you consider the way you've dealt with/the end result of Fatty as being "succesful"????? :confused:
    edited January 2011
    Unfortunately, yes. And that's because the frank reality of the situation, no matter how badly we want it not to be so, is that the majority of community defacers are solely intent on ruining the forums by one-word-replies and standalone graphics all over it, and they don't care about bans, and they don't care about changing their ways, and they don't care about second chances. They are going to keep right on going until they are banned anyways, and dicking around with them is simply a complete waste of time and energy.
    So rather than try to rectify the issue, you'd prefer to ban them instead? Hmm...
    Wouldn't you feel more comfortable at "The Damage Done"? The question is just out of curiosity.
  • edited January 2011
    Killer seriously.....would you consider the way you've dealt with/the end result of Fatty as being "succesful"????? :confused:

How else would they deal with a rule abiding, contributing, helpful, and kind member?
    edited January 2011

Actually yep! I would bro. :)
    All it takes is a PM and mutual respect. FATTY has been with us for a while now. He was here when we had major issues at the start & still is. I see him as part of the bigger picture here.
    Sure FATTY makes mistakes, but he eventually comes back & sorts his shit out.
    How many times did "ROLOFL" get banned from totse? His religious trolling ramblings weren't very funny, but he was still a legend and knew how to get a response.
    Spectral was also an awesome troll & still is, take this thread for instance. He can still draw anti responses.
    FATTY can be quite an entertaining troll, you don't see many of those, only anger trolls.
    edited January 2011
    ...Wouldn't you feel more comfortable at "The Damage Done"? The question is just out of curiosity.
    Nah... the question is simply yet another common template duck and dive on the actual issues. No surprise there.
    edited January 2011
    Nah... the question is simply yet another common template duck and dive on the actual issues. No surprise there.
    No not really brah I thought it was a reasonable question. What you seek is already in existence. There's already a forum with those standards. Why would we need to create a mirror of it, you know what I'm saying? :confused:
    edited January 2011
    It was asked earlier if I trust Dfg. Sure I do, but then again, I'm not the one with trust issues. Just because mistakes were made earlier doesn't mean everyone should now have to pay for those mistakes.

[edit]

I like the votes on the "No" side... amusing stuff, for sure...

Gorilla Guts : hasn't posted once for the last 5 months
    Rainbow: never posted ever
    Sandra is a slut: 3 posts in 6 months, last post three weeks ago
    Bunghole: already quit as mod, posted a goodbye thread, then banned a member just because he didn't like what they had to say (still a mod [FULL!]!)
    My Mom is Dead : part-time/fairweather member
    Skunk.amkon : fell out of somebody's closet a whole week ago!

pretty comical shit we have here..! :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2011
    I would suggest users join this group: http://www.totse.info/bbs/group.php?groupid=28

It might help them recover from this thread.